II: Unexpected, reincarnated (M. Jesse x Petra)

A/N 'Reincarnated' chapters indicate chapters that originally appeared in my old book, albeit rewritten.

Assume that during this time, abortion is still illegal, which explains why Petra can't just abort the pregnancy.

Before we continue, I just want to get this out of the way. I am pro-choice, but like politics, I mostly just don't give a flying fuck. If I got married and my wife got pregnant but wanted to get an abortion, I'd support her 110% (especially if I wasn't the daddy). What reason have I to say no? It's her body, her choice. It has no glancing effect on me, so why should I care? And why should I have a say in what my wife can and cannot do with her own body? Furthermore, her life is clearly more valuable and worth saving than a ball of cells which has no self-awareness, so if continuing with the pregnancy would pose a serious danger to my wife, and if it's impossible to save both, I'd immediately want to save my wife's life, she would mean more to me. I may be raised a Catholic, but I couldn't care less about what the Church or an outdated ancient book of stories (which need I remind you was written in a time where society was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT) has to say about these things. I'm a heterosexual male who can never give birth, so an abortion would have NO severe effect on me, so I don't see why this should bother me, or why I should be against it, or why I should care at all.

But frankly, who cares about what a random person on the Internet has to say about an ancient issue? Let's just get on with it.

[Petra]

When Jesse left for work, I quickly grabbed my pregnancy test kit and hurried to the bathroom. I had all reasons to be concerned; I was becoming tired more easily, my appetite has skyrocketed overnight, and I've been having some very severe mood swings. First I was cheerful, a second later I was throwing furniture across the room. My gut tells me that it's more than a simple illness which can be combated with antibiotics.

I peed into a small cup then dipped the stick in the yellowy liquid, and I waited anxiously for the result. As I lifted the stick from the cup, I gasped and gazed in horror at the distinctive + which had appeared on the small patch.

Oh... oh no! OH NO!!!

I was so shocked by what I had seen (but was even more shocked at what it meant), I immediately rejected the result, surely there was something wrong with the kit, right? The last time Jesse and I had sex (which was inside a wardrobe when Axel dared us to play Seven Minutes in Heaven), it was at least a week since my periods ended, so it can't be possible that I was... I was-

"... pregnant. The test came back positive. The result is undeniable Ms. Johnson," said the doctor, consulting his notes.

"No... no! It can't be!" I retorted.

"You are very much indeed a pregnant woman," he reiterated, more sternly.

"B-but-"

"No buts Ms. Johnson, if the test returns positive, it means you are pregnant, otherwise you are not," replied the doctor, before walking back into his office without another word.

I buried my frowning face in my hands and tried to absorb what I had just heard. It's not that I don't want to keep the baby, despite my rough nature, I've always desired to become a mother, preferably with Jesse since falling in love with and losing my virginity to him. Only problem is, Jesse's always been nervous about parenthood, worried that he wouldn't make a good dad (even though I've told him countless times that I disagreed). If his views still haven't changed, chances are that he would want nothing to do with the child. Worst case scenario, he'll abandon me AND the baby! And losing him is the last thing I'd want especially in this time.