Part 4

She had never felt so much freedom in her entire life. The engine beneath her humming a Different rhythm at every turn. And her legs grasping the sides just in case Aurora took a turn too sharp. At first she was scared but the longer they drove the more trusting she became. So much so that Jennifer closed her eyes and laid her head on the back of Auroras warm jacket. The cold wind was too much to bear for long periods of time and the lack of sleep was catching up with her slightly.

"Are you alright?" She asked setting her foot down at the red light.

Remembering she couldn't see her nod she replied with a simple "yes." It was evident to her that Aurora was kidding earlier about not driving a motorcycle because her experienced presence was very calming.

As the light flashed green Jennifer clasped her fingers together tighter and scooted up. To be closer to the younger girl. It was odd to her that after years of not wanting physical contact with anyone that a girl she barely knew was alluring enough to trust on a motorcycle. She wanted to be close to her and she knew nothing about her.

"I can show you the world." Aurora hummed, "Shining, shimmering splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?"

Remembering the classic tune Jennifer smiled at the childish song. She had seen the movie with her son years ago, back then the tune annoyed her but now it was different. It meant something.

Raising her voice to sing louder Aurora didn't hold back her voice even with her voice cracking at some points, "A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only drea-"

Suddenly coming to a stop Jennifer held her head steady from a large bump and looked around trying to figure out what had happened.

Jumping off the bike Aurora ran a few feet behind them and bent down quietly.

Trying to figure everything out she threw her leg over and gently put the heavy machine down. She knew there was a kickstand but didn't know where it was. Taking off her helmet she walked over slowly, "what's wrong?"

Looking up with messy hair and tears in her eyes she held up a squirrel that had lost his life. The bump she felt must have been him. Not knowing what to say Jennifer opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"I didn't see him cross the path." Aurora whispered setting him down. "What are we going to do?"

Giving a questioning look Jennifer shrugged. She didn't understand why she was so emotional about an animal that lost its life but she wanted to make it better even though her face didn't know how to show it. Feeling cold rain hit her hands Jennifer looked up seeing clouds cover up the once bright moon. "We should go. It's starting to rain."

"We can't just leave him!" Aurora stayed getting up and walking to a trash can.

Folding her arms to cover her chest Jennifer regretted giving her coat to the man in the cab, "We are going to get sick out here Aurora!"

Finding what she was looking for the brunette bent back down and started digging with a plastic spoon. Tilting her head slightly Jennifer admired the child like reaction. Most people would toss the creature to the side IF they even stop at all.

Sighing the older woman picked up the cloudy creature and avoided its eyes. Walking over to the knelt girl she bent down and sat him in the tiny hole she had dug. Watching her cover him back up with the rich soil Jennifer couldn't help but let her lip turn upwards. Even with red eyes and drenched hair she was a beautiful girl. The childlike response was refreshing if not needed.