Part 3

Stepping up the concrete stairs Jennifer took in the warm atmosphere letting the temperate of outside shake off of her. It was toasty enough in the small structure to let her goosebumps disappear back into her skin. Jumping at the sound of a tattoo gun going off she swallowed a knot in her throat while she observed a man scrunched over a mans leg concentrating on his work.

"It's been a long time Aurora!"

Crossing her arms Jennifer let the brunette reconnect with her old friend. A man that stood about 6'3 with his skin covered in artwork. Even his bald head held some interesting pieces.

"Cam, this is Jennifer." Aurora said moving to the side so the two could formally meet. "She wants to get her first tattoo."

Almost feeling her heart skip a beat the older woman took in the soft smile Aurora gave her. "Nice to meet you."

"That's wonderful!" Cam exclaimed shaking her hand and clapping. For some reason Jennifer was surprised at the mannerisms of the man. His outer appearance would have you believe he was a leader of a violent gang, but he twirled his thumbs while he talked and tried to hide his lisp out of embarrassment. His brown eyes were soft when you spoke to him and his hands were gentle. "What tattoo did you have in mind?"

Breaking out of her thoughts she avoided eye contact with them. "Something small." She felt crazy for agreeing to do this.

Nodding Aurora watched the woman for a while but finally looked away when she decided Jennifer wasn't going to look back. "How about the word 'yes?"

Finally the blue eyes looked at her, "A tattoo that just says 'yes'?" She chuckled, "doesn't that seem silly?"

Cam scrunched his face at her negativity, "I actually think that's beautiful. It means so much if you really think about it. I can put it in a cute font of your choice."

Looking at the door Jennifer debated. It really wouldn't matter in the morning anyway. "Alright."

Following him to his station he opened his computer to show her the choices in fonts. Sitting and waiting Jennifer adverted her eyes to watch Aurora look around the place with curiosity . Her clunky steps wondered around the shop before she stopped in front of a painting with a smile. "I painted this."

Furrowing her brows Jennifer didn't even pretend to look away, "Your an artist?"

"Sure am." She answered walking over and sitting on the leather stool beside the blonde.

Looking over at the computer Jennifer looked at the fonts but still thought about the girl beside her. Aurora surprised her every time her mouth opened.

"I like the typewriter font." Aurora stated leaning forward. "It's classy."

Smelling the shots still lingering on her Jennifer nodded, "I like it too."

Printing out the choice Cam started the process, "Where do you want it?"

Surprising herself The older woman gazed down at her wrist, "right here." Pausing she moved her wrist back towards her. "I don't know why I'm so scared."

Giving an understanding smile Cam put the gun up and rolled forward letting his hand rest on his clients knee. She felt uncomfortable at first but she assumed he was only trying to help.

"I know it's scary, but we aren't pressuring you. Just tell me when your ready."

Observing the muscular man Jennifer inhaled deeply, "Why do you have so many?"

Holding out his arms he smirked, "Every piece is a reminder. I view my body as a blank canvas and the tattoos I put on myself are the reminders of my journey through life. Every great and horrible moment I try to document on myself." Letting his arms fall he pointed to Aurora, "Then you have ones like the little miss who just really loves art."