Prologue- Part I- What could a woman do against so many men?

Start from the beginning

I flicked to infrared vision and saw more than ten red and orange figures through the wall. With infrared I could only tell the difference between a cow and a human and a chicken but not their gender or who it was.

Better finish with the outside security first.

I flicked to night vision and aimed down the scope. Checked the wind speed and distance, and adjusted accordingly. I turned the safety off and pulled the trigger.

I released the breath I held before taking the shot, "Target down."

"12 o'clock. Fire on respiratory pause."

By now, two armed men had already seen the body and they ran toward each other, both talking through their walkie-talkie.

"12 o'clock and 1 o'clock," the voice through my earpiece said.

My finger lingered on the trigger.

"What are you waiting for?"

The two figures approached and were about to cross when my bullet left the barrel with the speed more than two times the speed of sound.

Thud. Thud.

One bullet. Two down.

"Targets down." A playful smirk made the side of my mouth curl up under my mask.

"Show off." A mumble came through my earpiece and I rolled my eyes.

Men rushed from the metal door, shouting orders and taking their positions. A futile attempt to hide themselves from me. I sighed.

Not a second gone, a bullet hit the ground just by a few metres from my hiding bush.

Thanos's bald ass! They even hired a sniper. What the hell were they hiding here?!

"They have a snipper. Can you locate him? And where's Alex?" I asked my extra eyes on the battlefield: Spider aka Dyson. My best friend with extraordinary skills in computers and an unusual obsession with vampires.

"I've already informed him but he hasn't replied yet."

"Un-hun."

The important person was a Russian government official who was involved in drug dealings with other states and we had also found his wicked deeds that also involved the mafia activities in Italy. However, our target was not the illegal business happening under the duvet of the abandoned factory. Our target was the Russian agent, Marco Volkov. Some higher up just paid us a big amount to finish him off.

Interesting thing was our client never revealed his identity to us but said to take some special documents from the factory. I was wondering what it could be when another bullet hit the ground just one metre away.

I placed my finger on the trigger and saw through the scope from where the sniper was shooting. On the other hand, the armed men already had a hunch where I was and they rained me with bullets. However, it landed far away from my bush.

Two bullets came but landed on the two bushes that stayed both sides of my thorny one. Ah! At least there was one good reason to find a thorny bush- I'd like to think that.