Sad stories

I fucking hate these now.

Ok typical sad story: I hate my life bc my (step)dad rapes and abuses me and my mom does nothing! I cut myself in the shower and cry. Then I cover them up with makeup.

When I go to school, I get bullied by my crush! He's so cute.

He tells me that he loves me and was just bullying me to show it. He kisses my scars and says sorry.

I forgive him bc he's such a sweetheart!

When I go back home my dad rapes me again and I cry.

9/10 THE SAD STORIES I FIND.

DEPRESSION IS BECOMING A TRAGIC PLOT DEVICE AND IT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY IF YOU CHOOSE TO WRITE IT.

BE UNIQUE.

INSTEAD OF THE DAD BEATING YOU FOR NO REASON, HAVE HIM BE A NORMALISH PERSON WITH A REALLY BAD TEMPER.

When you get him angry, he does things he regrets. Otherwise, he's the average dad.

Also, if the mother is dead, not every dad should blame their daughter. BE UNIQUE.

MAKE HIM TAKE OUT HIS GRIEF ON HIS DAUGHTER.

MAKE THE GIRL LESS STUPID

Also, regarding the now popular self-harm plot. Depression is an illness. That requires some form of treatment in order to subside. A teenage boy kissing away your scars is not enough.

Please try to be more realistic, and not every story needs to include self-harm. I hate reading that stuff now because its so unbelievably unrealistic. Also it glorifies, romanticises, and trivialises it.

It. Is. Serious.

That's why I decided to not make nihilist such a sad book bc at first Jess was going to be a girl that self-harms, but that's an overly done plot. The lively characters make it more upbeat and I love that version rather than the one I was going to write.

I'm out.