Chapter 1

When you gamble with safety, you bet your life.

Beautiful cover above by @iiamaja <3

Eva is not a normal person- she is a werewolf. And she carries a big secret.

She has two siblings- Amelia and Jack.

Strangely, Eva looks nothing like Amelia or Jack.

Amelia is Eva's older sister. She is training to become the Beta in her pack. She is planning to become the first female beta in werewolf history. She has red hair and greenish- grey eyes.

Jack is Eva's older brother. He is only a year older than her. They became very close when their parents died. He has dark brown hair and grey eyes.

Their parents died because of a rouge attack. A few days after, Amelia left Jack and Eva by themselves to go to training. Jack and Eva felt as is Amelia didn't care about them. She never came back to visit once. Before she left, she always seemed to be angry at Eva. She always disproved of her boyfriend. They broke up a week after they got together, because Amelia was so rude to her and she wanted her to stop.

Eva woke up thinking that today would be a normal day. Oh, how she was very wrong.

Her morning was just like any other morning- she woke up, got ready for school, picked up Hayley, and headed to school.

Hayley is Eva's best friend, she was there for Jack and Eva when Amelia wasn't. She has blond hair with blue eyes. The ends of her hair are dyed a bright blue.

As they walk into the school, everyone greets them. People like Eva and Hayley because they are extremely nice and are only rude to the people who pick on them or their friends. They are very loyal and people respect that.

The rest of the school day was normal. Normal until 8th period math. That was when they received a strange mindlink from Jack.

"Get home QUICK!"

Both Hayley and Eva asked the teacher to go to the bathroom. They ran outside the school, into the woods, and shifted into their wolves when they were far enough away from the school.

They arrived at the pack house and saw everyone crying outside.

"JACK!" Eva calls over, gesturing for her brother to come over.

"What happened?" Hayley asks him, grabbing onto him.

They are mates. Eva gets annoyed at how 'lovey- dovey' they are in front of them.

"Rogues."

"They got in?" Eva asks.

"Yes."

"How'd they get in?" Hayley asks.

"They climbed the tree. None of the wolves noticed."

"What did they do?" Eva asks, expecting the worst.

"They killed the Alpha and the replacement Beta."

Since the real beta was dead, their uncle stepped in until Amelia completed her training.

"HOW?" Hayley asks. It doesn't make sense how a few wolves could do that do the strongest wolves in their pack.

"They had weapons laced with silver."

Silver is the deadliest thing to wolves.

"Are Amelia and the Alpha's son are going to come back?" Eva asks.

"Yup." Jack replies. "I need to go make an announcement about this since I'm the strongest wolf here. They are going arrive soon."

"Alright."

"Maybe Zane will be your mate!" Jack jokes.

"I doubt that. I'm just a normal wolf."

Little did they all know..

Author's Note

Hey guys! I just rewrote this chapter and I like it a lot more. This is the only chapter edited so far. I love you all!