Chapter 42

Lucy's Pov

" Grandmother Elaine...? What are you doing here... in earthland? " I questioned, waiting for her answers but before she could even open her mouth to speak...

" OMG LUCY, I THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA DIE BUT YOU SAV—! " Yukino exclaimed, popping out from nowhere with the team. " And may I know who this is? " Finally realizing my grandmother's presence. But something was odd... Sting wasn't acting like his usual self.

Have I mistaken?

" SHE MUST BE ON THE WOMAN'S SIDE! DEFEAT HER NOW! " Minerva shouted on the top of her lungs and was about to throw an attack on my grandmother while everyone else got into their fighting stance but was stopped when I stood in front of her, blocking her from attacking.

" Guys, stop. Calm your shits " I explained, chuckling at how they are so protective over each other, " She's my grandmother. Well... my great great great greeaat grandmother. She's my ancestor. "
" Is she the goddess that you told us about? " Rogue asked, hoping that they have not offended the goddess who have created this world.

" Yep " I simply replied.

" Holy cow. " Minerva cussed under her breath. " We're so so so sorry, milady. Is there a way we can be forgiven? "

" It's alright. But please don't delay me anymore, I don't have much time left. I want to tell all of you how all of these started. " She said. All of us just stood them and nod our head, knowing that we should not interrupt her anymore, " It all started around 7000 years ago... I was created with the ability to create life. I created universe. But as time goes by I've noticed that I was alone. So I started creating humans. And Eva Eucliffe one the first humans I have ever created. "

F L A S H B A C K

" And... I'm done! " Little Elaine exclaimed, clapping her hands together while looking at her masterpiece. A girl who was around the same age as little Elaine was created. " Hello! My name is Elaine! And you shall be... Eva! "

" I-I like that name... " Little Eva mumbled shyly, blushing a little. " What is your last name, Elaine? " She added.

" Last... name? I don't have one. It is a must to have one? " Little Elaine asked, rubbing the back of her neck.

" Don't you wanna make a history? So that your descendants will know more about you? " She replied with her toothy grin.

" Making a history...? Cool! I like it! I'll make you a last name and you'll make me one! " Little Elaine cheered, punching a fist up in the air. " Eucliffe... You shall be Eva Eucliffe! "

" And you will be Elaine Heartfillia! "

——————————————

" But as time passes by, Eva became more aware of our different statuses. She wanted more power. She wanted to control over things as well. She began to greed for me... " Grandma Elaine explained, " And that's when things started to fall apart. "

——————————————

" Eva? When did you kill them?! " Young adult Elaine shouted in disbelief. Unable believe what she have just witnessed. Her best friend killing other gods and goddesses, " What has happened to you?! "

" Elaine, you will never understand. You're a goddess, in fact the goddess of all! And I am nothing but a mere human! I want to be like you! " Eva shrieked, as tears started slipping out from her eye. " And I can be like you! I just need to defeat other gods and goddesses so that I'll be as equally strong as you are! "

" But that's wrong, Eva! That's not right! You can't kill other gods, unless they are evil but the ones that you have killed are not! Please Eva... I don't want to make you my enemy. " Elaine convince as tears find their way out of her eyes, " And even... if it ruins our friendship...? "

" I don't care Elaine. I don't care anymore! I just want to be respected like how people pray and worship you! You don't understand how much it pains me, Elaine... and you will never understand..." Eva said, almost breaking down.

" I am really sorry that you felt that way but what you did was absolutely wrong and unforgivable. You have pushed me to no other choice. I am doing this not as Elaine Heartfilia but as Elaine, The Goddess of All. " Elaine said, holding back her tears. Mumbling a spell under her breath as Eva Eucliffe slowly vanished into the thin air. " Goodbye, Eva Eucliffe. The times with you are unforgettable. And all those exciting adventures we had, all those small little conversations we had as well as all those memories with you will always be kept deep in my heart. Let's meet again in near future. I loved you, my beloved best friend. "

E N D  O F  F L A S H B A C K

After explaining her life, Grandmother Elaine broke down as all those memories flashed through her head. I also ended up breaking down as well as my other guildmates. I would have never guessed that's how our last name was created and that Grandmother Elaine, The Goddess of All would have such a painful past.
After a while she starts to turn translucent.

" W-What i-is going on?! " I shouted in confusion, trying to hold her hand to make her stay but was useless. She have already disappeared into the thin air.

" Seems like my time is up, I can finally meet Eva again after ages. I've really missed her... I'll pass everything to you now, Lucy Heartfilia, The Goddess of All. " Even though Grandmother Elaine have left, I still can hear her voice echoing in my head.

Goodbye, Grandma Elaine.
Live well.

————————————————

My gosh... This chappie is so much more longer than my usual ones. I hope that it isn't so boring. And thank you guys so much for all those sweet and funny comments!! I really appreciate it and love reading them!

And one last important thing before all of you go. This book is coming to an end. Maybe a few more chapters or something? I'm not sure.

Thanks for reading.
Have a great day/night!

————————————————