Fit - 6/29

"fit": In 500 words, tell what happens when it doesn't fit

"I've tried this key a bunch of times and still doesn't work," Wendy said.

"Well, Hun you're going to have to look elsewhere for another key to try. Obviously, that one is not going to work." Grams said.

"Why?"

"Why, you ask? Doesn't it make sense to go on and try something else since you've exhausted all your options with that one? Honestly, I just don't know why you keep trying this key when you know it doesn't fit," Grams said while gazing out the window.

"Why?"

"Wendy, that key doesn't work. Try another one."

"But why Grams?" Wendy said with a dejected expression.

"I don't know"

"Why?"

"Grrr, Wendy look, that key was made for another lock, not that one. So, you're going to have to go and find another key, one that will fit that lock," Grams said exasperatedly.

"But I want this key," Wendy replied determinedly,

"Wendy."

"What Grams?"

"Go to the junk drawer and look through it and see if there are any other keys in there. Maybe that's where Gramps put the spare keys. And just maybe one will be the right one."

Wendy went to the junk drawer in the kitchen and rummaged through the various junk. "Grams look what I found!" Wendy said excitedly. The key was quickly forgotten in the presence of all the treasures that were laid out in front of her. She grabbed the newest treasure and ran to show Grams.

"What is it dear?"

"I don't know. I thought you would know." She reached out to hand the trinket to Grams but before she let go of it she brought it up close for another inspection.

"Grams, I think its a spy thingy. You know like the stuff Gramps uses at work." She turned it around in her hand as she examined it.

When she finally handed it to Grams she was sure it was a spy tool.

"Grams see if you turn it over there is something written but I can't read it. The letters are too small." Wendy tried to grab it to turn it over but Grams already had it rolled over.

"Well child, all I see is made in China on it. There is nothing else on it, that I can see. But it's not a spy tool, I can tell you that. Gramps wouldn't leave something like that lying around."

"Well, what is is Grams?" Wendy pouted.

"Its just a do nothing Wendy. That's all." Grams stated and handed back the treasure to Wendy.

"Grams what do is to."

"Nothing."

"What how can something do nothing? Grams are you pulling my arm?" Wendy asked while shrugging her shoulders in thought.

"See that little handle you turn it."

Wendy grabbed the little handle and turned it clockwise then counterclockwise and then stopped. Looking up at Grams with a serious look she said, "Grams will the key fit this thingy?"

Grams shook her head, "Oh Lord, here we go again!"