Still 4/27/18

Humm,

I saw the lady from the west tribe of Jerusalem come to the upper pool where we wash our clothes. What caught my eye was her hair. It's almost like mine.

The next day I was sent down to wash aunt Tabitha's stuff since she was unable to in her delicate state. That's when I noticed the lady again.

After finishing with the clothes in the water I carried the heavy load to the field to hang them to dry. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the lady was here too. Her hair is fabulous.

The Assyrians had taken up a position beside the aqueduct that feeds water into the upper pool, near the road leading to the field where we were at. You could feel the tension in the air as everyone went still.

King Hezekiah sent Eliakim, son of Hilkiah the palace administrator, along with the small band of Assyrians to monitor who was using the pool. If there were any sojourners there they would be gathered and sent to the minor pools and fields to complete their work. If he was in a good mood that is. If not you could easily be killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I noticed the lady with the hair. She was as still as a statue when Eliakim walked up to her. I don't think she even breathed. Then he took in a big sniff and actually smelled of her and he took a handful of her hair and lifted it to his nose. "Humm, you smell as divine as you look. Who are you? Why have I never seen you before?" he curtly asked.

She looked around at all of us with fright in her eyes. I felt sorry for her and wondered who she was. I doubted she was from one of our clans.

Eliakim walked around her with her hair running through his fingers. Then he stopped and looked in my direction. I froze in my tracks, scared like I was not allowed here.

"You child, come here," he demanded.

I ran to the lady's side and bowed in submission. "Yes, my Lord."

"I don't remember ever seeing you here either. Who are you and who is your tribe?" he asked as he walked around me and touched my hair.

"I, I --huh we are from the tribe of Peace," I stammered as I looked up at her sad face. "My aunt Tabitha is about to give birth so we are here to do her washing."

He walked around her and once again smelled of her hair while she stared at the ground. I could tell he was deciding whether or not to believe me. She never said a word.

"Kind sir, we are only trying to help. If it pleases you can come back at another time," I offered.

"That won't be required child," he softly spoke while he gazed at her hair. "I will allow you both access today."