Chapter 26

"So when will he wake up?" Dr. Patternson stares and Nick and then at me.

"He's been sedated because of his head injury. It's critical to see if he doesn't have any brain bleeds or something. I'm really sorry about this." He looks at me and then he looks down at Nicks chart again.

"As long as he'll be okay then that's all that matters." I smile at him and he walks out. I turn to face him and my eyes are still filled with tears. He's lying there, with stitches across his cheek, a bandage around his head and his whole face is bruised, as well as his hands. He looks so lifeless, so emotionless. I hate seeing him like this, I wish he'd just wake up and smirk at me. I sit on the chair next to his bed and all I can do is just stare at him. I love you is all I can think, he's been unconscious for what feels like days now but it's only been two and I haven't been home or seen any of my friends. My mom is also permanently in and out of his room and she's been working nonstop, I think it's also affecting her just as much as it affects me. I cannot believe Aiden would do something like this, after our mature talk I honestly thought he'll maturely handle this but I was wrong. I slowly open my eyes. I guess I must have fallen asleep next to him. I lift my head and Elaina and Dylan are both standing in front of me with a takeaway coffee and a muffin.

"Here you go." Dylan puts it in my hand.

"Thanks. What's the time?" I whisper at them and then they both give me a warm smile.

"It's 1 pm," Elaina whispers. I jump up.

"I need to excuse myself from school. My attendance. My essay on France." I continue to babble off.

"Liv. Calm down." Dylan puts his hands on both my shoulders and speaks calmly.

"Breath Liv." He says quietly.

I take a deep breath.

"Everything is taken care of." Elaina interrupts and she gives me a small smile.

"Thanks, guys," I say as I hug them.

"Go home and shower. You need it." Elaina says.

"No. I'm not going to go home not until he has woken up." I go off protesting.

"Liv. He's fine. Look at him." Dylan points to Nick's bed. I turn around and I look at him. Still no movement.

"No." I cross my arms and I look back at them, another tear forms in my eye.

"Please don't make me go home." My voice cracks and I wipe a single tear off my face.

"It's fine. We'll go get a bag and bring it here." Elaina grabs Dylan's hand and leads him out of the room. I drink the coffee and sit next to his bed again. Silence surrounds the room until there is a knock on the door. I open it and then Aiden rushes passed me.

"Why the hell are you here?" I slam the door behind me and I look at him.

"Is he okay?" He grunts.

"Get out Aiden." I snap.

"Olivia. I'm sorry." My anger level increases, this is all his fault. He looks at me and comes close to me.

"Don't."

"Olivia." He quietly says.

"This is your fault I hope you live with the consequences," I say. Another tear forms in my eye and I try so hard for it to just go away. He frowns at me and clenches his fist. Silence surrounds the room and the next thing I know I hear loud screeching, beeping noise coming from the machine. Tears roll down my cheeks and I start to panic. I run outside to call for a nurse and about three runs into the room. I watch how they crowd against him and as I try to walk towards him a nurse pushes me back. Aiden grabs my arm as well and I just continue to cry.