Chapter 20

Note - This chapter contains a sexual violence scene.

'Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday day to you.'

We all stand around a sleepy, smiling Dylan. Who is just lying there? Eventually, he sits up as my mom brings in a cupcake with a big blue candle in it and Elaina kisses his forehead.

"Thanks, guys. Happy Birthday, Liv." He says as he blows out the candle.

"Come guys. I'll make breakfast." My mom says she walks out the door, everyone follows and leaves Dylan and myself alone. I sit next to him as he devours his cupcake.

"Today is going to be good." He says. I shoot him a smile, I get up and he does as well.

"Trust me." He says as he hugs me.

"Happy Birthday," I whisper as I hug him back. I let go and I walk towards my room. I open the door and footprint cutouts are leading to my balcony. A bit confused... I follow them and as I get to my balcony door, my eyes widen and a gasp leaves my mouth.

A HUGE white teddy bear with Oreos and roses are leaning against a pillar, I walk towards it and I jump when a hear a voice.

"Happy Birthday!"

I turn around and Aiden is standing there. I smile at him.

"I love it. Thank you, baby."I say softly as I kiss him. That was a really sweet thing to do.

"This is only part of your gift baby. Trust me." He says excitedly and he kisses me again.

"You don't have to go through all this trouble Aiden," I say as I glance at him. We stare into each other's eyes for a while until we hear someone clearing their throat...

"Happy birthday!" Nick interrupts us and I walk towards him, he gives me a small box and the tension surrounds the quiet area as they have a staredown. Nick looks at him and then at me.

"Well, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day." He says as he walks back towards the stairs.

"Nick wait!" I say as I turn around. He stops at my door and Aiden grabs my hand even harder.

"Stay. Everyone else is." I say and he gives me a small smile. Aiden shoots me a glare and I glare back at him.

"Thanks, Liv. I'll enjoy it." He says as he closes the door behind him. I look back and Aiden just gives me a small smile.

"I'll let it go. I know he is important to you." He says as he lets go of my hand.

"Thank you. I appreciate it." He looks down again.

"Open the present he gave you." He says as he points to the purple wrapped box. I look back up at him with a smile.

"I wonder what it is." I study the box.

"Well open it." He says sarcastically. I take the wrapping off and I glance at him.

"Come on open it." It is a small wooden decoupage box. I look at it and Aiden brushes his hand through his hair.

"Open it." He says eagerly. He takes a step back as I open it and BOOM! A whole bunch of streamers flies out into my face. I threw the box down and jumped. Of course, only Nick will prank me on my birthday. Aiden stands there just as startled as I am.

"Funny." He says and he does not look impressed. I shrug it off.

"Mine was much better." He smiles at me and then he kisses me.

"I have an idea!" I excitedly tell him. I grab his hand and drag him downstairs to where the rest of the group are sitting eating breakfast. My mom has left by now.