Chapter 7

As the cell phone rings, the three of us jump up and start searching the place. It turns out to be Collin's phone.

"Hey man. Yeah, tomorrow? No, that's fine. Ah, is he bringing her? No worries, there's a room for her. Yep. Okay, cheers." Collin drops his head as if he received dreadful news. We all stare at each other, and I'm nursing a hangover. Wonderful. Coffee. I need coffee. We sit there, holding our heads, and the room is silent, only the coffee machine making a noise. Elaina is quiet, and Collin hasn't said a word since the phone call. Something's up with these two, and I want to ask, but I don't want to appear nosy.

"Okay, guys. Drink up. Let's hit the gym, and maybe tonight we can go to a club and have some fun?" How are these words leaving my mouth?

"Great. Wait. Did you just say a club?" Elaina looks at me in disbelief as she sips her coffee.

"Hitting it hard, Liv?" Collin comments on my proposition and takes a sip of his coffee too. Well, they both agreed to the plan, so whatever.

"Okay, so I'll meet you guys at the gym? Need to get changed, okay?" We agree on the plan. I take a shower and get changed into gym clothes. We head off to the gym, and I am so exhausted. Three hours, including yoga, done. Amazing. Time flew so fast. We agree on a light lunch at the club.

"Good day, Miss Bell. On behalf of the waitstaff and the staff, I would like to apologize for yesterday's incident. It was an accident, and I spoke to the waitress. It won't happen again." The manager used to be business partners with my father.

"It's okay, Felix. I shouldn't have reacted like that, but thanks so much." I shake his hand, and he walks away.

"What happened yesterday?" Collin looks at me, and I smile.

"One waitress tripped, and her tray of fries and drinks spilled all over me." My face reddens again as he chuckles and continues eating his lunch. After lunch, we come back home, and we agreed to take a light nap before tonight's "adventure," as Collin says. As I place the keys on top of the counter, my eyes catch the letter still lying there. It's been eyeing me since we got here, and I miss my dad. My gaze from the envelope gets broken by a grip on my shoulder. Elaina is standing in front of me with her bikini on and her sunglasses, holding a bottle of baby oil.

"Please help me?" She sticks the bottle in my hand, and I nod.

"So, swimming? I thought we agreed to take a nap and chill before we leave tonight?" I stare at her, confused, and her smile fades.

"Collin invited us to go to the Jacuzzi at his house?" She looks at the floor.

"Oh, okay. You can go, I want to take a nap. My head is still ringing." She looks up at me with astonishment and hugs me.

"You're the coolest, and to put your mind at ease, nothing is happening between us. I love your brother, you know that, right?" She grins back at me and scrunches up her nose.

"I'm glad you said that. Have fun!" I let out a sigh of relief and give her the key to one of the jet skis. She wanders off outside and shuts the sliding door. I watch her and smile. I need coffee right now. As the kettle boils, I stand with the note in my hand and glare at the envelope. Should I or shouldn't I? I couldn't help it anymore. I open my laptop and navigate to Skype. Thank goodness my mom is online. I need to talk to her; seeing her face to face is perfect, but I wish she was here.

"Hey, mom. Sorry to bother you. Can I talk to you about something?" She studies me, and she moves closer to the screen.

"What's wrong, dear? Are you ladies coming back home?" She frowns, and her eyes narrow.

"No, everything is fine. Um, I found a letter from Dad; it was on the Jeep's seat?" I look down, hoping she doesn't see the tears in my eyes.

"What Jeep, Liv? And what letter?" She looks confused...