Chapter 25

Game Day.

I refused to go to school today and luckily Dylan excused me, I am not in the mood for drama today. This thing between Nick and Aiden pops in my head and they need to sort their problems out because I'm tired of it, especially because I don't even know what happened between the two of them and honestly I don't even care anymore. Today is a nice, sunny beach kind of day so Storm and I already went for a walk on the beach. She's so cute and she instantly puts me in a better mood. My mom and I both decide to just relax at home until tonight and she's finally on holiday. She brought me a new book called Midnight in Paris, so I've been diving into that but as I open the book the doorbell rings.

"Hey." Aiden stands in the doorway and he looks very down. He's wearing a black t-shirt with his beige chinos.

"Hey," I say with a small smile on my face and I motion him to come in. He greets my mom and bends down to pet Storm.

"Can we talk?" I ask him and we head to the balcony, I'm honestly so confused about everything. He looks at me and he's nervous.

"I love you, Olivia," he says breaking the silence. I smile at him as he puts his had on my neck. I'm not ready to say it to him. Not yet. The words just don't want to leave my mouth.

"I-" I stutter and he can see that it's difficult for me.

"Take your time. I just thought you should know that my feelings for you are so strong, you make me so happy Olivia, you have no idea. I'd do anything for you. You know that." he says as he hugs me. He is amazing and he is the best choice. I still haven't told him about Nick and our kiss and the fact that I said I'll tutor him. He's honestly going to freak out.

"Aiden?" we sit down and he nods at me.

"What happened between you and Nick in South Africa?" his face falls and he looks down.

"Okay well I guess you should know." he begins. I breathe in and I don't think anyone would be prepared for what he says.

"Nick and I met at the hospital in Cape Town, he got booked in because he fractured his knee and we spoke a lot and became quite good friends, Collin and Jess also really liked him and we all just became really good friends. Nick introduced us all to this girl that he's been seeing and she was also really nice and really pretty. Anyways, we saw him the whole time and we were all just partying and having a good time. One night we decided to have a barbeque on the beach to end off a good weekend and I got drunk. Nick wasn't there but the girl was there, she and I got talking and we both hit it off and then we hooked up and took things to my room. Nick walked in on us and we got into a huge fight and yeah, well that ruined our whole friendship." he explains and breathes out waiting for my reaction. Wow, that's a lot to take in.

"Well. That explains a lot." I say and there's just silence again.

"No wonder you don't like it when I drink." I smile at him and he just shrugs.

"Yeah, please don't hate me or judge me, I know I messed up and I'm learning from my mistakes." He says and he looks at me with glossy eyes.

"I understand Aiden. It explains a lot I have to say." I smile at him and he relaxes a bit.

"Please don't hate me?"

"I won't hate you. Can you guys not sort this out?" I smile and he nods.

"I've tried. Dating you doesn't help much," he says and we just sit there.

"Yeah, I suppose." I shrug.

"He'll get over it eventually. Let's go inside" I say as I stand up and we both walk inside, my mom is passed out on the couch, I cover her with a blanket and we head to the kitchen. This whole story just clears up so much.