∵ The awakening ∵

Savannah's POV

"How long has she been in a coma doctor?" I heard a lady say, while chomping onto her gum.

All I can see is darkness, and I couldn't get myself to open my eyes. It was too hard, but I could feel myself move my fingers.

I could hear people talking, and the sound of a machine beeping.

"She's been in a coma for about 6 weeks now, her and her friend," A man responded.

"Those poor kids. Hopefully, they'll both wake up soon"

Holy shit! I'm in a coma??? Okay, savannah.. do not panic. Everything will be fine.

"Let's just hope for the best, but I'm gonna go check on another patient. I'll be right back," I heard the doctor say and then leave.

I heard the nurse walking around, and she was humming a tune; I instantly knew the song that she was humming.

It was "I want to hold your hand" by The Beatles.

I moved my fingers around a bit more, and took a deep breath. You can do this Savannah.

Before I knew it, I was able to finally open my eyes, slowly, but everything was blurry.

I guess the nurse saw my struggle, because she yelled for the doctor.

She came up to me, and I finally had my vision back completely.

The nurse had the biggest smile spread across her face.

"Oh my god, it's a miracle!" She cheered.

I got big eyes and saw an iv in my arm, I immediately tried to get up.

"Miss wait!" The nurse says, but I don't listen.

Just then the doctor came walking up, and saw me trying to lift myself up. My head hurt like hell, and I saw bandages all over me.

"Well, look who's finally up!" He smiled.

I look around to see everything around me, and couldn't recognize a thing.

"How do you feel?" The doctor asks.

"Uh alright... where's Lindsay?" I immediately asked worriedly.

"Your friend? She's still asleep," the nurse replied.

"Oh..." I mumbled.

The doctor started checking on me, and was making sure I was okay. Long story short, the doctor said I was perfectly fine and healthy.

"Well you're completely set to leave if you'd like. Nurse Jackie can hand you your clothes," the doctor smiled.

"Okay. What room should Lindsay be in?"

"She's on the same floor as you, but in room 244"

"Thank you, it means a lot" I smiled.

"Just be safe kid," the doctor nodded & then left.

The nurse came over, and handed me my clothes. I smiled as I took them from her, and looked down at them then immediately got big eyes.