Chapter 72: Cheaping Out On Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"I will."

~Fiore POV~

"Fiore, are you sure about this? The anger will come back." Freya asked me unsure as she took my hand in hers like she had done once before.

"In this family, I know better than to put my needs before everyone else's. We're Mikaelsons right?" I laughed lightly and took in a deep breath, readying myself for the new me. As she began to chant again, all my powers came back and with that, my anger as well. I cried out from the agonising pain and was barely able to hear Klaus rush into the room.

"Freya, what are you doing?" He yelped but I didn't care. I was ready. I was—I was me again. I opened my eyes and looked back at the family I had come to know and love all over again.

"Blossom, is this—?"

"The Enigma, at your service." I told them all. "Although I wish this was under better circumstances. Especially considering I have to bring about some very dire news."

"Because we don't have more than enough of that to last of us a lifetime." Freya said morbidly.

"What is it?"

"Lara isn't Klaus' sireling. She's mine." I said with a deep sigh that shocked the rest of them.

"Why are you only telling us this now?" Freya asked in disbelief.

"She tricked me!" I told Freya. "She gave me a spell that she told me would take away my anger, what it did was make me forget her and our history. Spoiler alert, it's not a good one."

"But what does her being your sire mean?" Hayley asked.

"I told you that if you drank my blood you get my hunter's curse. I wasn't completely honest about what my curse is. If you drink my blood, you become a virtually unstoppable extension of myself with a heightened desire for my love. A lesser enigma. Lara so happens to be one of those sirelings. And Lucien, but I'm fairly certain he's dead."

"So is Lara." Hayley told me. "We killed her."

"No, you didn't." I told them to be met with their horrified looks.

"Excuse me?" Hayley continued.

"Lara is an extension of me, I am the only one that can kill her. Normally it would have taken a while for her to regenerate but when Elliott brought me back—"

"He brought her back." Klaus said horrified.

"So now we have two unstoppable people trying to kill us?" Kol said with a roll of his eyes.

"I can fix all our problems, if I can get enough time." I told them all.

"Rebekah wants me to stand trial. Will that be enough time?" Nik asked me.

"Over my dead body." I snapped.

"It'll be over mine if you don't get a move on!" Kol groaned in pain.

"Fine." I said worriedly. "But even then, for my plan to work. I need you to come out of that trial alive."

**********************************************************************************

I looked over Grace as she sat in her crib and played with her toys wondering how this was all going to pan out when Hayley came and joined me.

"I'll go too." Hayley suggested.

"No." I said biting my lip worriedly. "Hayley if this all goes wrong then—you're all that Elliott and Grace have left."

"Fiore—"

"You once hurt me beyond measure." I told her sternly. "I don't think anyone has hurt me as much as you have. So I need you to do this for me, okay? I need you to be there for her and for him and for anyone else who gets to live through this. In case I won't be able to."

"It's not fair." She said starting to become teary-eyed. "You don't deserve this, he doesn't deserve this, she doesn't deserve this."

"I wish I could say I agree. Nik and I have spent centuries creating enemies, under the assumption that we were infallible." I told her with a sigh. "But no one is. I only wish my daughter didn't have to suffer the consequences."

She gave me a hug and left me alone with Grace. I picked her up, wanting to be as close to her as possible, because this might be the last time I was with her in a long time. Then Nik walked in and gave me a small smile.

"I see you had the same idea that I did." He told me.

"Great minds think alike." I told him with a sad smile of my own. "Nik, this trial is too dangerous. You cannot seriously do this." I said as I began to pace around the room with Grace in my arms.

"I have to, Blossom. We don't have another choice." He sighed as he kissed me and gave me two letters. One addressed to Grace and one addressed to me. "I've already given Elliott his."

"No way." I said, shaking my head as I put Grace down. "You do not get to cheap out on goodbye in a letter. I want you to say it to my face." I gave him back the letter and he opened it up, with tears in his eyes.

"Fiore. I write this to you not knowing the fate of the two of us. For the first time in my life, not being sure where we'll stand the next time we see each other. It took me a very long time to find the right things to say and eventually I gave up and just started writing, which is what I'm doing now. This is why it sounds so silly. I don't know what it is about you but even after an entire millennium you still manage to give me butterflies. You still manage to make me smile every morning when I wake up and you're still sleeping beside me. Even when you hurt me, I still feel that love and maybe that makes me a fool or insane but...I don't care. I love that I can be your insane fool because I love you. I adore you. Every single thing about you, I adore it. And I don't know when I will see you again but I know that I will. You spent an entire century trying to get away from me and yet somehow, we're here again. We will always find each other because we balance the scales. One will drag the other out of the abyss. I have loved you and I love you and I will continue to love you, always and forever."

"I hate this." I said, starting to sob in his arms now. "I hate that I have to leave you."

"I hate it too but this sacrifice sets the greatest example we could ever set for our little girl." He said looking down at Grace, who was happily playing with her toys, with tears falling down his face.

"I love you Nik, and I will always love you no matter where you are. I will be with you. That is the promise I have for you."

"Take care of her. And Elliott. And Hayley." He told me.

"I will." I said with a saddened chuckle. "Funny how we started the year with virtually no family and now we have too much."

"Never enough." He said with a tearful smile knowing we had to part ways now. "I love you, Blossom." I gave him a long kiss knowing that this would be the last kiss I would give him in a long time.

"I'll tell you I love you, when I see you again. Now go save the world as we like to know it or whatever."

Klaus left and in that moment, I felt it lift. All the anger that I had harboured for so long just dissipated and was replaced with love. I loved him. So much. And his sacrifice only made me love him more. I looked in a mirror and saw that my eyes were grey once again. Love had conquered after all. But that meant one more thing—leaving Nik would hurt me all the more.

A/N: Sorry this one is a bit short! But damn guys! Kliore is coming to an end! At least her anger is gone! What do you guys think that means for Fiore though? Let me know in the comments! Until next time when Fiore and Lara confront one another! Who is Lara and what is her game? Comment with your guesses!

Sorry this was late, I had my birthday and have just been enjoying my summer vacay! Love you as always! And I hope you are ready for an explosive ending! X