Chapter 14: Reckless Plans

~Klaus POV~

Klaus paced in and out of the room worriedly as Freya and Elliott worked on keeping his wife together. He was certain she would be fine she would never do anything that would jeopardise her life. It would all be fine. She had Grace to think about now, she wouldn't do anything to reckless she—

"Klaus!" Freya said as she rushed out to meet him. "She's about to wake up."

He gingerly walked into the room and looked as his wife opened his eyes. The rest of his family seemed uncertain as her eyes still remained a bright purple but he was too relieved to care.

"Blossom! I thought you were dead!" He exclaimed as he ran up to kiss his wife who immediately pushed him away.

"Well, I'm not!" She snapped.

"Blossom I—"

"You were what?" She asked angrily. "You were worried? Why? I'm the strongest person in the universe, I think I can handle a simple memory alerting spell."

"Fiore, it's me, your husband." He told her worriedly.

"I'm not stupid, Nik, I know who you are." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"Why are you so angry?" Freya asked her.

"One perk of being a vampire, is the lack of PMS jokes." Hayley said with a chuckle, that made Fiore's glare intensify.

"Probably not the best time, mom." Elliott murmured.

"Aww, you called me mom!" Hayley said happily. "Guys, he called me mom!"

"Well if it isn't the cause of my ire." Fiore growled at her. "Have any more secrets you want to use to ruin my life?"

"Fiore—"

"Don't say a word to me Hayley." Fiore muttered darkly. "In fact, all of you just get out. NOW!"

Her family walked out of the room quickly, taking care not to aggravate her even further leaving just her, her husband and their daughter.

"Fiore, are you—are you okay?" Klaus gingerly asked her.

"No." She told him as she collapsed onto the bed. "I'm not okay. She killed your child and let me take the blame."

"I know the pain you feel—"

"Do you?" She asked as she sat back up. "Because your child might have died, but he's here now. That's great news. I just get a relief of pain that I carried with me for years and now what? That pain just gets replaced with anger. Every time I look at her, I agonise over my inability to do anything about it."

"Is there anything I can do to help you?" Klaus asked, moving towards her but she just turned away from him again.

"I'm gonna go out for a walk."

She brushed past him and left the compound and Klaus began to wonder if his wife would ever be the same.

~Freya POV~

Freya was in the nursery rocking Grace in her arms, the child had been unable to sleep properly ever since things with Fiore had gone south.

"She seems more restless than usual." Elijah said when he entered.

"She misses her mother." Freya told him with a sigh. "It has been three days, Elijah. She's angry. Very angry. What if she doesn't come back?"

"Fiore's love for her daughter will overcome her hatred for Hayley." Elijah told her confidently.

"And for you." Freya said with a disappointed look. "How could you keep such a secret, Elijah?"

"Fiore would have killed Hayley, I was trying to save her life." Elijah told her.

"And was it worth it?" Freya asked him. "You let her carry such a burden all for the life of a woman you barely knew. You allowed your own brother to suffer with the agony of loving someone he should hate."

"What I did was wrong, I know that." Elijah confessed unhappily. "And I'll carry that with me. The pain I caused is great, but at least Hayley didn't die. And Elliott has a chance with his mother."

"And what of his stepmother?" Freya asked. "Are we to do as Klaus says and leave her be?"

"In matters like this, it's best to let Niklaus take the reins as to not rock the boat." Elijah replied.

"Stay away from my daughter."

~Fiore POV~

Elijah and Freya turned to me warily as I joined them in the parlour where Freya was holding my daughter. I took Grace out of her arms, taking care not to wake her up as I swayed her in my arms.

"Fiore, you're back." Freya told me with a smile.

"I couldn't leave my daughter in the hands of people like Elijah and Hayley now, could I?" I replied. "Careful Freya, he might kill her and blame it on you."

"Fiore—"

"Save it Elijah." I flicked my wrist and instantly his neck was snapped, causing him to drop to the ground.

"Fiore, I hope you know I had nothing to do with this." Freya said sympathetically.

"I believe that wholeheartedly." I replied. "This reprehensible act isn't your speed."

"But Sister, you can't expect Elijah and Hayley to never be around Grace. Elijah lives here and Elliott is still Hayley's son." Freya told me and I nodded my head in agreement.

"That's why I'm leaving." I told her curtly. "With my daughter."

"Fiore, you can't be serious."

"I think you'll find I am."

"You'd be taking her away from her father." Freya continued.

"Nik and I can organise custody arrangements at a later date."

"He's your husband."

"Are you going to be a problem, Freya?" I asked with a sigh.

"It would appear so." She told me determinedly, but I was just as determined, even more so. I waved my free hand and a nearby vase collided with her and she too fell unconscious.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! If you did, please vote, comment and follow! X