Chapter 13: 17 Years of Beliefs

~Elliott POV~

Elliott was strolling around the quarter, trying to ignore the person who was so obviously following him. He hadn't spoken to her since so he definitely did not enjoy the fact that she had now succumbed to stalking to him.

"Oh just come out, for crying out loud." Elliott grumbled as Hayley walked up to him.

"I can't tell if I'm bad at trailing people or if you're good at tracking." Hayley said with an awkward smile which only just frustrated him even more.

"What do you want, Hayley?" He snapped at her.

"Ouch. Klaus gets Dad and I get Hayley?"

"Yeah, well he didn't kill me."

"Touché." He started to walk again when she sped in front of him and blocked his path. "I'm trying to make an effort here."

"You're about 17 years too late."

"Considering you're supposed to be like 2 years old, that's impossible." She said with a chuckle. He started to mumble an incantation and Hayley fell to her knees in pain. He walked away from her again but despite the pain she was in, she continued to follow him.

"That's gonna kill you." Elliott muttered when Hayley refused to leave.

"It better." She said with a smile as she wiped away the blood from her nose. "Because that's the only way you're gonna get rid of me. But even then, I think I might take a page from your book and come back to life."

He sighed and released her from the effects of the spell. He turned to glare at her but was only met with a wide smile.

"What will it take to get you to leave me alone?"

"You have to spend the day with me."

"And then you'll leave me alone?"

"You have my word." She assured him.

"That doesn't mean much to me." Elliott shot back. "But fine. I'm down for anything that'll get you to go away." He huffed. "What did you have in mind?"

"Whatever you want." Hayley said with a shrug. "I'm in my 20s, you're the cool hip teen. I mean, what'd you even do? It's not like you go to school, I'm pretty sure the only friend you have at this point is Cami."

"If you consider that I'm dead and even if I was alive I'd be just over 2 years old, school would be a very hard thing to pull off. I wonder why that is?"

"It's cuz I killed you." Hayley said with a chuckle before stopping in front of a churro stand. "You want one?"

"I've never had one." Elliott said, looking at the thing funnily.

"You've practically time travelled but you haven't tried a churro?" Hayley said in disbelief as she bought two servings. "Well no kid of mine won't like churros, so here you go."

Elliott took the thing and looked at her somewhat sceptically. "Don't worry Elliott, it's not poisoned. I think I know by now you won't die if I try and kill you."

"Your sense of humour is unbelievably dark." Elliott said, shaking his head as he took a bite out of the churro. He felt his eyes widen at his new favourite food but knew he couldn't give Hayley the satisfaction so early on.

"D'ya like it?"

"They're alright." Elliott said with a shrug.

"Sure they are." Hayley said with a wide smirk.

"Whatever." Elliott said turning away from her dismissively. She opened her mouth to speak again but Elliott held up his hand to silence her as he heard a conversation going on in the distance.