Chapter 72: Cheaping Out On Goodbye

~Rebekah POV~

Rebekah stood in her former home, desperately hoping her hex would stay at bay for as long as humanly possible. Preferably forever.

"No time for niceties. I need you to cure my brothers before something is done that cannot be undone." She told him.

"There's no going back." He told her. "This is a fight to the death. And one that I won't lose."

"Why are you doing this?" She asked him.

"You really need to ask that?" Marcel asked her incredulously. "Can you honestly defend them? After what they did to me? To Davina?"

"Absolutely not." She told him honestly. "But they're my family, and I am begging you to cure them."

"There's no cure." He told her.

"What?" She asked him worriedly.

"Elijah is as good as dead. So is Kol. Before the night's over. Klaus will follow along with them." He answered.

"Who is your next victim?" She shrieked. "Am I to follow?"

"No, no, I would never hurt you." He assured her. "But I'm not backing down. I'm taking back my home, my city and my freedom."

"The Marcel that I knew...the man that I loved...never fancied himself judge, jury, and executioner." She told him disappointedly.

"You want justice?" He asked her with a sigh. "Well, that's a lot more than they offered me, but sure...sure. Let's have justice."

~Fiore POV~

Freya was helping Kol deal with the pain as he went through the painful motions of his wolf bite. I was doing everything I could to keep myself and everyone around me as sane as possible and like always, Kol would be the hardest to keep at bay.

"Maybe it's fair we pay for what we did to Davina." Kol told his eldest sister.

"Davina didn't want revenge Kol." I told him but he was tired and in pain.

"At least put me to sleep!" Kol whined. As he said that, one thought was brought to mind. I knew what to do. To save everyone.

"Freya." I said turning to my badly poisoned sister. "You wouldn't happen to have it in you to do one more spell, would you?"

"Potentially. What do you have in mind?" She asked warily.

~Klaus POV~

"Elijah." Klaus said as he entered the room where his sickly brother sat. "Hayley is attending to Grace but I can get her for you. I'm sure Elliott can handle it."

"No, no. She's struggling with it." Elijah told him. "Not our finest moment, Niklaus."

"No."

"Please take care of her."

"I promise."

"And Rebekah."

"I will get our sister and I will make Marcel pay." Klaus told his brother.

"No brother, no." Elijah told him. "This was not Marcel. This was me. I did all of this."

"I can't do this without you." Klaus told his brother who slowly got to his feet and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Listen to me, you have to be strong, we need you." Elijah told him and Klaus nodded tearfully. "And one last request. If I die today and Fiore is still angry at me, you must save her from herself. You must be the steady rock that she relies on for once."