Chapter 35: Necessary Risks

~Josh POV~

"So it's really just a simple suspension spell. The poison stops my heart, and the spell keeps me from dying for good." Davina explained to Josh as they stood in her old attic home preparing for her to go to the other side.

"Cool. Yeah, now I'm totally on board. Uh, just except for the part about the poison, your heart, and whatever you said at the end there about dying." Josh said sarcastically.

"Look Josh, the witches won't even look at me, let alone help me." Davina said with a sad sigh. "If I'm gonna find out if that spell really works, I need to go to the only witch I trust, and that would be Kol."

"You mean your dead boyfriend who currently resides in spooky-witch-purgatory along with all the other dead spirits who shunned you? Sure! What could possibly go wrong?"

"I'm just gonna pop over and pop back. It's easy." She told him before beginning to quietly mumble. "All I need to do is channel your power."

"No. Uh-uh. No, no, no. You see this foot, Davina? This is me putting it down for once, okay? For your own good." Josh said shaking her head when she stumbled. "Easy now." Josh said as he caught her before she fell.

"I think it's safe to say she already took the poison."

"Ding, ding." Davina said weakly as Elliott walked into the attic.

"For the record, if you looked up "uncool" in the dictionary, there would just be a tiny drawing of what's happening right now." Josh told her. "Just tell me what I need to do."

Davina picked up a knife and slit both of their palms before gripping his hand tightly and slipping away from the land in living.

"Whatever happens, don't let go. You're her link to the living." Elliott warned.

"And why should I trust you?" Josh said angrily.

"Because I'm here to help you." Elliott answered with a smile. "Besides, d'you really want to risk it?"

~Elijah POV~

Odessa led Elijah to the room where the Sisters resided and explained to Elijah what she knew of the Strix's capacity. The Sisters, were nowhere to be seen with the exception of one who continued to work by the poolside.

"From what I know, the Strix has been looking for a seer for decades. Lucky for me, I made quite the discovery." Odessa said beaming at him. "Ariane, could you come here for a minute."

Ariane did as she was told and met with Elijah and Odessa, staring at the Original curiously. Elijah scoffed and turned back to face Odessa, more than unimpressed by the young witch.

"This is your secret weapon?" He asked her sceptically.

"Is there one person in your family that isn't lacking in common courtesy?" Odessa asked him appalled by his demeanour. "Yes, Ariane is untrained but she's shown a glimmer of this talent which is already rare."

"So what do you want from me?" Elijah asked suspicious of her intentions.

"Witches like Ariane spend years absorbing all sorts of information. They see patterns in the chaos, because they view history as a whole. Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of time." Odessa said with a sigh.

"Water will act as a conductor, allowing me to enter your mind." Ariane told him as she took off her cloak and handed it to him. "To know everything you know, to understand everything that you've learned in a thousand years."

She walked into the pool, fully clothed and Elijah turned to Odessa unhappily, a feeling she immediately picked up on and tried to alleviate.

"Just think of it is a crash course into your mind, getting just enough information to answer the only question that truly matters." She assured him as Ariane turned to Elijah, expectantly waiting for her to oin him.

Elijah sighed and stripped himself of his jacket before joining Ariane in the pool. He lay floating on his back whilst she used a thumb to mark a line from his hairline to his nose, before placing her free hand on his chest and closing her eyes. She closed her eyes and he began to yelp in pain as memories flooded through his brain in quick flashes.

Finally, the spell had overwhelmed him and he jerked upright in the pool, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Are you okay?" Odessa asked in concern as the two recovered and nodded at her. "And the weapon?" Ariane turned to face Elijah and looked at him in terror.

"All your family has endured... and yet the worst is still to come. An unending darkness lies before you. A lone figure. A pale horse. A flame that will burn you all."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! If you did, please vote, comment and follow! X