Chapter 27: Knowing The Future And Knowing The Past

~Rebekah POV~

The Christmas festivities continued and eventually it was just Rebekah and her siblings standing in front of the makeshift bonfire.

"You know, one of us is still meant to be fall by family." Rebekah told them nervously.

"Right now, what concerns me is our enemies. They have the weapon they intend to use against us. They cannot know that we found you, Rebekah. Our best advantage is if they believe you are lost at sea." Klaus told his sister who frowned sadly.

"So I can't stay then, can I?" She looked back at the rest of her family who were all doting on happily on her niece.

"There must be something we can do." Elijah had said hopefully as he looked on at his torn siblings.

"We've overcome more than a dumb prophecy." Fiore added, but Rebekah shook her head as she turned back to face them.

"It's okay. My wish already came true." The four of them joined hands and squeezed tightly. "We have this moment."

~Fiore POV~

We had all finished unwrapping our presents and all the girls, minus Rebekah, and Elliott were dancing whilst Elijah helped Grace on the tricycle he had got her. Rebekah entered in a coat with a small suitcase, clearly ready to leave and unintentionally dulling the mood.

"Oh Rebekah. So soon?" Freya asked her sister sadly.

"Take care of our brothers, Freya." She said as she gave her sister a hug. "Heaven knows they need you."

Rebekah turned to Elijah and gave him a kiss on the cheek as well as Grace. "I'll miss you Rebekah." Elijah said sadly she nodded in an attempt to stay brave when Elliott ran up to her and hugged tightly.

"You know, if I had known you were gonna come back to life, I would've made them tell you stories about me as well." Rebekah chuckled as she hugged her nephew.

"These guys? Too unreliable. I'll need to hear everything from the source. I'll see you soon Aunt Bex." Rebekah smiled and gave me a quick glance before trying to walk away.

"You know Rebekah, you're one of the very few people in this family I don't hate, you really want to rock the boat by leaving without saying goodbye?" I asked shaking my head at her as she came up to me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry. I thought you hated me already." She said with a sad chuckle. "Trying to kill my family isn't a great start to the holidays."

"Funnily enough, I've come to expect that in this family." I replied as she pulled away.

"I really am sorry about what I said about you earlier." She told me.

"It's fine. Like family massacres, crazy witch things are to be expected as well." I continued with a shrug making her laugh again.

"You know, when I left, I thought you would hate this family forever." She told me.

"And maybe I will." I said with a shrug. "But even when I hate you..." She gave me another hug before leaving to say goodbye to Klaus. I knew it was bad to eavesdrop but I didn't care.

"You're always leaving." Klaus said as he entered and saw his sister leaving.

"And I always come back." The two of them looked at each other sadly before giving each other a warm hug.

"Run far and fast, stay on the move, and—should you happen to meet some handsome fool—know your weaknesses." Klaus remarked as he pulled away making Rebekah laugh happily.