Chapter 11: Spilling Secrets

~Fiore POV~

Freya was still trying to finish the locator spell whilst Nik and I tried to find clues that might lead us to him.

"This is hopeless!" Nik said, kicking the wall in disbelief.

"Nik—"

"No!" He said, starting to pace about again, grumpily this time. "My own son was living underneath my roof and I didn't know it! I threatened to kill him just today! Hayley conspired with Mikael to kill him and I didn't know it! He's been around for at least 17 years and I didn't know it! How are we supposed to find him now?"

"We know lots of things about him, his name, age, heritage, where he's been, what he can do—"

"But there's still one question that remains." Nik said, suddenly stopping his pacing and cutting me off. "How did he get here?"

~Hayley POV~

"So that's why you're sired to my sister!" Elliott said, nodding in understanding. "Because you feel bad for blaming my death on Fiore. I get it now."

"We've answered your questions Elliott." Hayley said as he loosened up the chains on Jackson. "How about you answer one of ours?"

"Sure." He said with a shrug. "Uncle 'Lijah, the floor is yours."

"What do you aim to get out of this?" He asked him.

"My mom dead whilst her two leading men watch. Next. Jacksie."

"Will you let us go?" Jackson asked.

"What a dumbass question." Elliott scoffed. "Unlike my mommy over here, I give everyone a fair chance, try a better question."

Jackson paused for a moment and Elliott watched with a chuckle.

"Why Elliott? The name I mean."

"It sounds nice; I guess." He said with a shrug, but Hayley knew better.

"Elliott." Hayley said with a smile. "I knew the name sounded familiar."

Hayley was only maybe 6 or 7 when she received it. She had just been adopted and was still having trouble settling in at her new home when she received a package.

"What is it Hayley?" Her mother had asked.

"It's a teddy bear!" She said, exclaiming in joy.

"What are you gonna call him?"

"Elliott." Hayley said excitedly. "Thanks guys! I'm never gonna let anything ever happen to him."

"I'm surprised you remember that." Elliott said, starting to tear up. "You got me! I chose the name Elliott because, like the bear, she promised to never hurt me, but she did."

"I'm sorry." Hayley said as a tear trickled down her face.

"But you're not!" Elliott said angrily. "That's what makes it worse. I asked if you regretted it and you said no. You have Grace now."

"How do you even know about that story?" Hayley asked, changing the subject.

"I guess it's my turn to start spilling the secrets now."

~Fiore POV~

"Did you notice that?" I asked Freya.

"Yes." She told me excitedly. "The spell is faltering. Something must have shaken him. We can work with this."

The two of us focused intently until we were able to hone in on exactly where Elliott and the others were.

"Got it." I said with a smile before turning to my terrified husband. "Let's go see your son."

~Elliott POV~

"You guys remember Silas, right?" He said returning to his usual demeanour. "Real nice dude. He was kinda like king of the other side, cuz you know he created the basis of it. With Fiore, obviously. And because of that, he knew that kids couldn't live on the other side. I was gonna die if he didn't do something, so he helped me. Gave me some of his magic and aged me up to 17. I spent most of my life there, which was fine enough but when it was imploding, Silas didn't want me to live a life that never got a chance in the real world. So, he made sure I got out. He also told me about the different timelines. Every time you make a decision, you create a new timeline. And whilst this is technically my timeline, because I never existed in it, I can apparate into different times."

"You can time travel?" Jackson asked, slightly in awe.

"Pretty much, yeah." He said with a grin. "It's how I knew about the teddy bear, it's how I knew Freya and Fiore before, Kol too, actually, it's how I knew Kai was going to die, I know all these things because I can basically predict the timelines, and jump back and forth in time. Kinda awesome."

"Elliott." Elliott tensed up at the sound of his father's voice. He took a deep breath and slowly turned to face him with an awkward smile on his face.

"Hi dad."

"Elliott, I—" Klaus tried to enter the room but was unable to pass through.

"Sorry but you can't come in." Elliott said, turning away from him. "I can't let you ruin this."

"What do you want from me?" Hayley asked as more tears fell down her face.

"NOTHING!" Elliott bellowed, shocking everyone. "I wanted you to love me. I wanted you to lay your life on the line in my name. I've seen other timelines, where you were so excited to see me, one that you killed everyone that tried to harm me, together as one. We were a family. But because of your own selfish motives you let me die. That's what I wanted from you, nothing other than your love. But now—now I want nothing from you."

"Elliott, you don't want to do this." Fiore said, trying to stop him from killing her.

"Why? So you can kill her instead?" Elliott asked, still fuming.

"No, because look at you! Family or no family you turned out amazing, Elliott! You did that by yourself! Hayley was merciless and had no remorse when she hurt you, show her that you're different, that you're better than this." Fiore gingerly walked into the room and stared him directly in the eyes. "Take it from someone that knows first-hand, anger corrupts."

It was then that Elliott noticed that her eyes hadn't returned to grey like they usually did, they were still purple.

"It got you." He said, looking at her in shock.

"It did." She said with a shrug. "Don't let it get you. You can choose your family, and I choose you." Elliott broke down and sobbed in Fiore's arms, who comforted him whilst Freya released Elijah, Hayley and Jackson from their bonds, sending them away.

"Would you look at that!" Freya said, smiling at him. "It appears we are blood after all." He chuckled and wiped away his tears and finally looked up at his father who ran up to him and embraced him tightly.

"Not a day went by when I didn't think of you. When I didn't mourn you. I love you, with every inch of my being, my son."

A/N: Aww, this chapter got me man! You can also see how Fiore can be in this series and the Melody series (which you should read by the way!), different timelines!

I really hope you enjoyed it! If you did, please vote, comment and follow! Love you as always! X