Chapter 17: Chop Chop!

"Just had a chat with your husband and Camille, they are absolutely lovely." Lara said as she came back in to her apartment.

"They're never going to believe it's me." I said, rolling my eyes at her.

"Oh, they'll believe it's you." She said with a large smirk.

"Even Nik?" I asked with a smirk of my own.

"Do you know what's funny about Klaus?" She said as she walked closer to me. "He very clearly knows it's not you, but because he knows now that you can leave at any moment, he won't question it. He'll be too scared to hurt you." She laughed and quickly my smirk disappeared.

"What exactly do you want?" I asked in defeat.

"I'm looking for a medallion." She explained. "And you'll lead me right to it."

"Doesn't sound like something I'd do."

"Even if an innocent life was on the line?" She put on the TV and gave me a knowing look. "Care for a drink? How does a glass of rum sound? For old time's sake."

"Last I checked, drinking was something you did with your friends, not your kidnapper." I shot back.

"No problem. I'm sure the detective will have one, won't you Will?" As she spoke a young man had walked out from behind her, clearly out of his mind. "Why don't you fix us both a glass, Detective Kinney? And while you're at it, I'm in the mood for lasagne, so why don't you make us some?"

"Am I supposed to care about him?" I asked her.

"What is happening?" The man asked in confusion.

"Don't you worry yourself about that, hmm?" Lara said as she walked up to him and ruffled his hair. "Did you know that he comes from a family of chefs? Italian too, that's why I picked lasagne."

"What is the point of this?" I asked her.

"The point is, I need a medallion, it's a little bronze thing with runic markings." Lara explained.

"No thanks."

"Then Will's lasagne might just become his last meal." She said, grinning at the angry man.

"The moment I'm free of you, I'll take that knife and stab you in the heart." He shot back angrily.

"You couldn't if you tried." I said with a pitiful sigh. "She's a vampire, even if you killed her, she'd just perk back up. Not to mention, she is literally controlling your mind."

"Did you say vampire?" He asked in disbelief.

"At this point, it's best to just embrace the insanity, sweetheart." I said, glaring at her. "You've been compelled by a vampire that is forcing you to make her dinner."

"What else are you gonna force us to do?" He asked angrily as he put his lasagne in the oven.

"Like I just said, I can't force Fiore to do anything, but I know she has a soft spot for innocents. In exchange for a lack of bloodshed, I'm asking that she finds my medallion." Lara said, looking at the boxes she had spread out expectantly.

"I don't know anything about what you're looking for." I snapped. "Wouldn't it have been smarter to ask Camille, the owner?"

"I thought about that, but then I discovered something very lucky." She said with a beam. "You made it."

"What?"

"And not only did you make it, but your body tracks it. You can sense where it is, intuitively." She pulled me up and dragged me into the middle of the piles.

"You want me to give you the Serraturra?" I questioned in disbelief.

"Yes."

"No."

"Look, you might as well just kill everyone on this planet and the next because I am not helping you." I told her.

"Come on Fiore. All I want is my safety." She replied calmly. "Which means Klaus' safety. Speaking of which, Will, cut open your arcuate artery."

"What? NO!" I yelled at the man, but he was unable to resist Lara and immediately began to slice open his ankle, causing large amounts of blood to pour out of him.

"And now there's a clock!" She said smiling at me. "Chop chop!"

~Klaus POV~

Klaus picked his daughter up from her crib, gently, aiming to take her out without notice and into his art room. There was something off about Fiore and he knew it. Elijah and Freya had said she was just readjusting and Camille had agreed. The only two people that were observant enough to notice a difference would be Elliott and Hayley, both of whom had been spending a nauseating amount of time together and away from the compound. He knew he couldn't confront her about it because in the very unlikely situation that he was wrong, he would hurt her. And he would not hurt her again.

"What you doing?" She asked, smiling brightly as she appeared at his side.

"Just taking Grace to the art room with me." He told her with a smile.

"But she's asleep, you can just leave her there." She replied with a chuckle.

"And I would but the fact of the matter is, after being away from her so long, I just need her to comfort me."

"Right." She said, nodding in understanding. "Want me to join you both?"

"As much as I'd love you to, it's a surprise." He said with a grin. "One that you won't regret." And with that he dashed off to his art room, ensuring he and his daughter were as safe as possible.

~Fiore POV~

"What do you mean Klaus doesn't believe you?" Lara said angrily into the phone making me smile. She left for her bedroom and I immediately dashed up to the detective and tore off part of my dress to use as a bandage for him.

"How are you doing?" I asked him worriedly.

"Well, I'm gushing blood into a bucket because the vampire who kidnapped us doesn't want to stain her floor... So, pretty good." He said with a weak chuckle.

"I'm so sorry. This is my fault." I said with a sigh. "The least I can do is stop the bleeding."

"No. Don't beat yourself up about it, I'm quite the tenacious detective. I would've gotten into this mess with or without you." He replied. After I had finished making the bandage I crouched to his ankle only for him to reflexively pick up a knife.

"Alrighty then."

"I have the weirdest feeling that you maybe shouldn't come any closer." He told me in alarm. I backed away from him and he calmed down as he dropped the knife.

"I guess Lara had a couple tricks up her sleeve." I told him dejectedly. "I'm Fiore by the way."

"Will Kinney." He said with a weak smile. "Um, Fiore, I have a sister. And if I don't make it then—"

"No way." I cut him off and shook my head at him determinedly. "I'm going to go home to my little girl, to my husband and his—our crazy family. And you're gonna see your sister again. We are walking out of this."

"At this point, limping out of this is gonna be a struggle." He answered with a bitter laugh.

"No, no, no." I clenched my fists and took a deep breath before doing what I knew I needed to do. "You have put me in a very difficult position, Will Kinney. Lara wants the medallion. I can't give Lara the medallion. But if I don't, you die. God help me."

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed! If you did, please vote, comment and follow! I really appreciate it! Love you as always! X