Chapter 18: In Too Deep

Start from the beginning

Jaiden laughed and hugged her back.

"Sorry. I just wanted to see how you'd react to that."

"You're so mean..."

Jaiden and [Y/N] chuckled and both tightened the hug. Jaiden rested her head on [Y/N]'s shoulder, while [Y/N] did the same. After a few seconds, the two girls pulled back, and stared into each other's eyes.

"Listen [Y/N], I just want to say.....last night was the best night I've ever had....and....I just....thank you for giving me a second chance."

[Y/N] smiled and nodded, grabbing Jaiden's hand.

"Of course. And I thank you too."

"What? Why?"

"Because you didn't have to accept my request for the date. You could've just said you were busy, and stayed at home. But....you didn't..."

Jaiden's eyes widened slightly as [Y/N] looked away, frowning.

"[Y/N]...."

Jaiden placed her hand on [Y/N]'s cheek, causing the girl to look up at her.

"Of course I was going to accept. I could never bring myself to say no to you about anything. You mean way too much to me."

[Y/N] looked at Jaiden, slightly surprised. She smiled and laughed softly before leaning forwards and kissing Jaiden quickly.

"You mean too much to me too."

Jaiden froze before laughing, grabbing [Y/N]'s arm and pushing her down onto the cushion, hovering over her with a warm smile.

"You're such a dork [Y/N]."

[Y/N] giggled and threw her arms over Jaiden's shoulders and neck.

"I know. I get it from you."

"Hey!"

Jaiden laughed before they were just staring silently at each other, each with a smile plastered on their face.

"[Y/N], I....."

Jaiden gulped as she realized the position they were in.

"OH GOD I AM SO SORRY!"

Jaiden flew back and curled up in the corner of the couch, burying her face in her hands. [Y/N] laughed and sat up, scooting over and embracing the red girl in her arms.

"Hey...."

Jaiden looked up at [Y/N].

"It's okay Jaiden....I didn't mind...."

Jaiden remained concerned.

"A-Are.....Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

[Y/N] grabbed Jaiden's hand and led her to the brunette's bedroom, before sitting her down on the bed. She sat next to her, and wrapped her arm around her in a comforting way.

"Listen Jaiden....about last night.....in the car.......I.........."

Jaiden stared at the [h/c] girl, hope and curiosity in her eyes.

"I want to....no, I need to know....."

[Y/N] grabbed Jaiden's hand and gulped.

"How do you........how do you feel about me?"

Jaiden froze, her breath catching in her throat. She stayed silent for a long while, unsure of how to properly express how she felt. Jaiden staying silent for so long sent the wrong signal to [Y/N], who, at length, looked down and sighed, removing her hand from Jaiden's.

"I see....I-I'm...sorry, I just.....the truth is.... I like y—no...I love you, and....and I know you don't feel the same way....you're famous now, I'm not sure why I thought you'd like me back, I'm just another person who doesn't really matter to you. I just—"

"No."

[Y/N] looked up at Jaiden, shocked by her strong tone.

"No. Don't you dare think like that. You mean so much to me [Y/N]. I'm pretty sure I just told you that a few minutes ago. And I'm pretty sure that last night, I also told you..... that I love you too...."

[Y/N] stared in shock at Jaiden, tears swelling in her eyes, before she eventually started bawling. Jaiden panicked, and instinctively pulled [Y/N] into her arms.

"[Y/N]? Wh-what's wrong?"

[Y/N] let out a few sniffles before chuckling.

"I don't kn-know...I don't know why I'm so emotional today...."

[Y/N] chuckled again and pulled away from Jaiden's arms, wiping her tears with her sleeve. Jaiden laughed and smiled. At length, Jaiden sighed and scooted closer to [Y/N], placing her hand on the girl's cheek again.

"But....there is something that I haven't asked you yet...."

[Y/N] stared at Jaiden with full attention, feeling the heat on Jaiden's hands. She could easily tell that Jaiden was nervous, and could see the visible red hue on Jaiden's cheeks. She wasn't sure what Jaiden was fixing to ask her, but it must be important.

"Y-Yes?"

Jaiden took about a minute or so before she was even able to open her mouth. She closed her eyes, and inhaled, letting out a shaky sigh.

"Why can't I ever say what I need to say?"

Jaiden laughed at her own question and looked back up at [Y/N].

"I never thought I would be the one to ask this, but......will...."

[Y/N] gulped, and grew more nervous as Jaiden grabbed her hand.

"W-will you......"

Jaiden smiled softly as she finally asked the question that [Y/N] had been waiting to hear for so long. Jaiden gulped.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"