CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Start from the beginning

"Turn around and face us." Jace commanded as he walked closer, raising his blade higher.

"Where's valentine?" Isabelle questioned. Clary and I shared a look, we both knew something wasn't right, I slowly descended towards Jonathan, the grip on my blade only tightening as I raised my hand out in front of me to pull the swirly chair around. My mouth dropping slightly as a very dead looking Jonathan sat there. "Oh my god." I whispered while staggering backwards, away from him.

"What, did Valentine kill him?" Isabelle asked, her eyes peering down at Jonathan's body.

"Tortured first." Jace explained "This was the real Sebastian Verlac."

Clary's eyes became watery as she walked over to me, her small hand clutching onto the sleeve of my jacket while we both watched as Jace ran his hands over Sebastian's eyes, closing them. "Ave atque vale." Jace said, his eyes still staring at the real Sebastian with pity.

"Hail and Farewell." We all said in union, Clary turned to look at me, her mouth opening to say something before Sebastian's body began to shake violently. "Jace!" I exclaimed in shock.

Sebastian's eyes shot open, his head turning to look at Jace while he let out a demonic growl and stood up to run at him. I grabbed Clary and Izzy hands and pulled them behind me as we backed up.

Jace went to attack the demon before it disappeared and climbed up onto the kitchen wall, growling at us as we stared at it. Jace pushed me behind him, his blade pointing up towards the demon as it continued to growl. The four of us held our blades out in front of us, well Izzy was using her whip which turned into a Staff. But same thing.

"It's a possessing demon." Jace exclaimed, Stating the obvious.

"The same kind that murdered my mom." Clary said, her voice lacing with hatred as she got into the fighting position.

"Then we know how to kill it." I smirked while Izzy and I stood side by side, getting ready to fight. "Izzy now!" I called out as she quickly turned the staff back into her whip and threw it towards the demon as it wrapped itself around it's neck and pulled the demon down onto the floor in front of us.

Jace grunted as he thrusted his blade through the demons body, watching as it shook and growled in pain before he pulled the blade back out again. We watched as the demon within Sebastian shook his body before it died as the fire ran over Sebastian's body. Just leaving a very dead Sebastian behind. "We'll make 'em pay for what they did to you." My parabatai exclaimed.

"We're going to make them pay for everything." Clary nodded in agreement.

"And we'll make it painful." I added, my lips turning into a small frown.
.
.
.
The tablet beeped as Imogen Herondale appeared onto the screen, her lips curled into a small frown. We had notified her earlier on the Sebastian Verlac situation. "Have you notified the Verlac family yet?" She asked, her eyes gazing back and forth between the four of us.

"The Penhallow daughter, Aline, will deliver the message in person, Madam Inquisitor." Alec responded as he leaned back into his office chair, my eyes moved away from screen and over to Clary and Jace. Clary's arms were crossed as she stared intensely at the screen while Jace just stood there, looking like a model, hands clasped together in front of him.

"Defiling the body of a fallen soldier and turning it into a booby trap is sadly par for the course for Valentine, isn't it?" I turned to look back at the screen as Imogen spoke, her eyes held so much pity and sadness that it almost made me look away again. Almost.