CHAPTER FIVE

Parabatai Lost

~

"How are we gonna get Alec to Magnus' apartment?" Clary asked as we walked through the Institute, Gilbert and Clary were walking next to each other while Isabelle and I linked arms, Magnus has already made me leave Alec to help them, so I'm mad with him. But also, not really.

"Aldertree has people everywhere" Clary continued.

"Not a problem." Isabelle responded "My parents want to get Alec to Idris, Magnus will create a portal. We'll take it to Jace instead."

"Good plan." Gilbert muttered before we heard Clary's phone start to ring "Hey, Simon." She answered, I furrowed my brows as I wondered what he could want, and it would be nice to see him again, I miss him. "Oh no." Clary muttered.

"Simon's mom's drinking again." Clary whispered making me gasp, she hasn't drank since our father died, I gestured for her to hand me the phone as she did.

"Si, It's Ariana." I said as I heard Simon breathing heavily as he was beginning to cry.

"You're back." He croaked out, I smiled warmly and sighed. "Now what's up with mom?"

"Ari, Mom's missing, she's drinking again." He said, I didn't say anything as he continued to rant "It's all my fault. She's been sober ever since that bender she went in after dad died, but I found a bottle of vodka in her bedroom, and there hasn't been alcohol in the house for years. Ari, if anything happened to her because of me, I-"

"Slow down, Si." I cut him off "How long has mom been gone?"

"I don't know." He admitted "I've been calling, but she won't pick up, I don't know where she is." He then took a deep breath "Ariana, I need your help."

I looked up at the others, I could help them with this or I could help my brother. "Hang on, Si." I muttered before covering up the bottom of the phone. "Simon needs me." I said. "I'm sure you can do this without me."

"Go be with him." Clary smiled "we have this covered."

"Thanks." I smiled before uncovering the phone "I'm on my way." I went to pass the phone over to Clary before I stopped myself "And Simon, grab something of mom's, something important to her".

I hung up the phone and passed it to Clary before running down the corridor and towards the front of the Institute, luckily I had grabbed my phone and stele when I left Alec's room.
.
.
.
Simon held my hand tightly as we walked along the street, I held mom's favorite necklace in my other hand, trying to track her whereabouts. "Anything?" Simon asked as he looked down at me, I shook my head gently. "Not yet, I'm kinda new at this tracking stuff."