CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

The Fair Folk

~

The peaceful snow flurried around the four of us as we gracefully walked through the Seelie Realm. It was silent, apart from the sound of our shoes crunching against the bright leaves and white snow. "You know, for a dangerous mission, the Seelie Court's pretty romantic." Simon said as he glanced back at Jace and I, a slight smirk appearing on his lips.

"Yeah, it's like being dropped inside of a fairytale world." I replied back, trying to hide the sarcasm that was lacing my voice. I glanced over at Jace and placed my other hand against the arm that I was already holding as my head gently lulled to rest against it.

"Which makes sense, Fairies do live here  ." Clary replied, not noticing that my response was pure sarcasm. Simon got distracted and stopped walking but Jace, Clary and I decided to continue. "Is that blood?" I heard Simon say as we turned to face him, watching as he stepped closer to the tree he was staring at, a blue like substance was dripping from it.

"Simon get away from that tree!" Jace called  out as he stepped away from me and walked towards Simon "Get away from the tree!" He called out again and pushed Simon away who fell to the floor. My brother quickly stood up and glared and Jace "what the hell are you doing?" Simon nearly yelled.

"Saving you. As usual." Jace replied as he also glared at Simon.

"From that!" Simon asked pointing towards the tree.

"That is called a kill tree." Jace explained as he pointed towards the tree "It would have wrapped its vines around you and torn you limb from limb." That's probably Jace putting it lightly as well.

"Jace, care to explain what you mean?" I asked, my arms crossing as I stepped forward, I just wanna know if it would have killed Simon or not, maybe I could throw Clary at it, maybe.

"That tree almost tore Simon's pretty face off, babe." Jace explained, I chuckled as he called Simon's face 'pretty' oh he'll never live that one down.

"You think I'm pretty?" Simon smiled, showing off his perfectly white teeth.

Jace just sighed before he looked back over towards Clary and I. "Look, in the Seelie Realm it's not just creatures that are deadly. It's everything. If you wanna survive, don't touch, eat or smell anything, no matter how small." He demanded "especially you Ariana, don't do anything that I just listed."

I placed my hands up in mock surrender and nodded my head "Yes, sir." Clary chuckled as we both watched Jace walk past us and continue to walk the way we were before Simon distracted us.