CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

The Fair Folk

~

I slowly walked down the dark and eerie corridor, I knew where I would find him. He was always in the room with the grand piano, Jace would be there, he usually was. The closer to the room I got the more vaguely I heard talking coming from it. I knew them voices, Jace's and Sebastians'.

I carefully placed my hand on the door and popped my head around the corner, the talking from the two boys immediately stopped as they both turned to look at me. "Sorry to interrupt your bonding time, but Alec is about to make an announcement." I smiled thinly at them before stepping back and proceeded to walk away from the room and down the corridor, my arms crossing as a loud sigh escaped my throat.

I eventually made my way towards the heart of the Institute, I looked up and saw Alec standing at the top of the stairs, his arms clasped behind his back while the rest of the Shadowhunters stood on ground level, staring at him. Gilbert and Clary were the first to walk over to me, their hands interlaced with one another as they gave me a quick smile before looking over at Alec.

I felt Jace's arm wrap around my waist as he gingerly ducked his head down to place his lips against my cheek, making a slight blush appear as I smiled softly.

"We have lost seven of our own, but we can't allow a single radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld, any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters." Alec stated, his eyes moving to look at everyone in the room, one by one. "So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York. These meetings will promote..."

"I'm all for unity." I heard someone say as I looked away from Alec, my gaze caught onto a brunette with glasses, she didn't feel pleased with what she had heard. "But does he have to bring them here?"

The boy to her right sighed slightly "What do you expect? He's dating a Warlock." I narrowed my eyes, was he being serious, no wonder I don't know his name, I'm not friends will dickheads.....well, Gilbert.

I pulled away from Jace and walked closer, luckily Izzy was standing next to them, I moved into the space in-between the girl and Izzy and continued listening but staring at Alec.

The girl scoffed "Still can't believe Alec Lightwood is in charge."

"Just wait. In a week, it'll be someone else." The boy replied.

"Hey, dickheads." I whispered, leaning closer to them with a taunting smirk placed on my lips. "Why don't you show my best friend some respect, before I show you what will happen if you don't."