CHAPTER TWELVE

How Are Thou Fallen

~

"Clary, What was so important that I needed to stop watching The Great British Bake Off on Netflix?" I whined as I stood outside of the Institute, knowing that I couldn't exactly step inside without tree kicking me out again.

"I need you to help me find Sister Cleophas." Clary replied, I raised my brow and cross my arms, wasn't she a Iron sister?

"Is Izzy coming?" I asked, Clary sighed while shaking her head. "No, she's, um, busy."

"Oh." I frowned, my bad bitch is busy, that's depressed me. "Then let's fine Cleophas then shell we."

"But first, we need to see Luke" Clary informed me as I furrowed my brows. "Why?" I questioned.

"Cleophas is Luke's sister." Ohhhhh!
.
.
.
"So you met Cleophas?" Luke asked, directing the question towards Clary, her hand holding mine loosely as she nodded "At the Citadel, I'm trying to figure out this new rune ability and—"

"Wait, hold it." Luke suddenly exclaimed making me roll my eyes "Rune ability?"

"Clary here, was somehow able to create a new rune." I answered, chuckling lowly.

"I didn't even know that was possible." Luke replied, looking slightly confused.

"Neither did we, Luke." I smiled gently, Clary turned her head and smiled at me before looking back at Luke.

"It was the most incredible thing, I shot sunlight out of my hand." She gushed happily, wonder how they would feel if I told them I could feel people's emotions and see into people's memories with the touch of a photograph. Then we'll see who's shook.

"Jace said not to tell anyone, but Cleophas was your sister, and of Roman and Valentine has hurt her or worse, I—"

"Hold it, hold it." Luke placed his hands up to stop her speaking as I tightened my grip of her hand for moral support. "Clary, listen to me, Cleo may not be the victim here, she could be working with Roman and Valentine."

"Uh, no, she's so dedicated to the Iron sisters." Clary replied with a small shake of her head. Luke did have a point though, he knew his sister better than anyone.

"Maybe Luke is right." I said, casting Clary a small smile before she turned to glare at me, removing her hand from mine, okay then grumpy-pants.

"When the Circle disbanded, she had to be." Luke continued from what Clary said, Making the redhead shake her head in disbelief. "She was a member of the Circle?" She asked in a small voice.

"I'm pretty sure he just said that." I nodded, Clary nudged me slightly but this time I didn't bother nudging her back. After my melt down today, I decided I would try and be nicer to people....ha! We'll see how long that actually lasts.