Part 57

F A R K L E

F A R K L E

The past day has been hectic, and things between Maya and I are still tense. I couldn't get passed the fact that she threw me into this mess and without my consent. There's times throughout the day where I just have to step out and go for a walk to not argue with her. The only thing keeping me together is Evie right now. I don't want her to hear us argue because she's so small and innocent.

I watched my daughter lick the pink ice cream cone as we took our stroll in the park. As we walked, I catched a glimpse of Smackle, who was reading under the shade of a tree. She was reading a baby book.

"Hey," I smiled as I stepped in front of her.

"Hi," she smiled really big when she saw Evie. Evie reached out for her and Smackle stood to carry her. It was kind of adorable to be honest.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked seconds later.

"Came for ice cream and our daily stroll. I like to step out sometimes since it can get boring just being at home all day," I explain, and she nods understandingly.

"Same." She offers a small smile. "Can I join you guys?"

"Yes, please. She's kind of heavy and I'm loving the break my arms are getting." I chuckle, and she laughs. I was happy to see Smackle, even though she's all Maya can talk about nowadays.

"I think my baby will be a girl," Smackle tells me minutes into the walk.

"Really? How come?"

"I don't know, my heart just tells me." She shrugs, and smiles sweetly at my daughter. Evie begins to lay her head against Smackle and I know she's a bit tired.

"Are you comfortable with Maya's arrangement..?" I curiously ask.

"Lucas knows the truth," She tells me, but she doesn't sound too thrilled. "I'm scared that when this baby comes he will still be after Riley and our baby will come second."

"I don't think so. He has a lot of time to think things trough, and I know he'll come around. Lucas is very mature and responsible," I comment, hoping to bring her come relief.

"Yes, but does that make him a good father?" Smackle retorts. Her eyebrows furrow as if she's afraid to even receive an answer, or she been asking this all along to herself.

"Only time will tell." The reply escapes my lips like a wish that was blown into the New York sunset. It was getting a bit chilly out.

"Smackle let me hold Evie." I open the flaps of my jacket and Smackle places Evie between the flaps where I engulf her.

"What a beautiful family!" An older lady exclaimed. "She's a cute little baby, how old is she?"

"Seven months," Smackle and I replied in unison. Our hands touched each other as we both tried to place Evie in a comfortable position. She was fast asleep.

"She looks just like you," The lady smiles at me and I return her smile. "She's a beautiful angel, take good care of her."

"Maya must be thrilled that after nine months of puking, mood swings, and cravings her daughter looks just like you." Smackle says sarcastically after the lady leaves.

"Keep saying that, and your baby will look just like Huckleberry." I retort.

"Look who sounds just like Maya." Smackle laughs, and shakes her head.

"I know, her speech just clings to me." I admit. "Speaking of Maya, I better get back home before it gets to dark. You want to catch a cab together?"

"Yes, please."

M A Y A

I was already changed and picking out Evie's clothes when Farkle came home. The baby was snuggled inside his denim jacket and she slept peacefully.

"Great, now we're going to have to put up with Eviezilla when she wakes up." I whisper to Farkle as I took her.

"How was the stroll?" I ask a couple minutes later as I carefully slip Evie out of her clothes and into her outfit for tonight.

"Better than last night's dinner." He teases, and I just roll my eyes.

"It's the thought that counts," I point out. "Now stop pestering me with your jokes and get ready for dinner."

"I'll leave the door open if you want to come in, since you love showering so much lately." He teases once more, whispering it in my ear and pressing his member to me.

"I can't, I'm already changed." I mentally curse in my head for getting ready ahead of time.

"The opportunity is yours to take," he says as he winks from the door. I watch him leave and sigh as I attempt to dress Evie. She begins to take off her little shoes and grab the comb while I'm trying to dress her and I can't even begin to express how much of a cock block my seven month old daughter is.

"What is wrong with you, girl? Don't you want a brother or sister?" I ask her, and scrunch my nose. She begins to laugh and shakes her head.

"I heard that!" Farkle calls from the bathroom. The fresh scent of Irish Spring carries itself over to Evie's baby scented room, teasing me even more. I huffed and placed on her toy ballet flats for the hundredth time. She takes them off anyway.

"Wow, look at daddy!" I exclaim when Evie and I see Farkle dressed up so nicely. He wore a white button down, slick all black suit and his hair was styled messily to the side. Oh god, the things I could do to him right now....

"Shh, not so loud, baby can hear." He whispers as he covers her small ears, she gives him a smile. She finds everything he does so funny, but if only she knew actual sense of humor... "We can talk about the things you could do to me later."

"Yeah, okay." I spoke casually, but tried to stop myself from blushing.

"We should get going," Farkle spoke as he looked at his watch.

"Just one last thing," I said before handing Evie to him and stepping back into our room.

•••

Hey, y'all !

Here's another update. We are indeed getting closer to the infamous dinner with Jen and we will see in the next chapter how this all goes down...

Btw is anyone else obsessed with this family like I am? :')