Chapter 34

The picture above is 1/2 ideas that I have for a new cover. The next one will be uploaded with the next chapter. Let me know if you guys like this one.

F A R K L E

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I stepped in my apartment building. I was so content knowing I have my friends back. Most importantly, I was glad to know that Maya and our daughter are well and they took me back in after all this time apart. No one, not even my dad or Smackle could steal this happiness from my heart away.

I arrive at the front door of my father's loft and knock, ready to step in and walk right out with my belongings. But Smackle opens the door instead.

"What are you doing here?" I immediately ask, not wanting to wait until she decides to give me foolish explanations for her actions over the past year. She looks at me with puffy eyes and streak stricken cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do all of this, it just happened. Your dad told me it was for the best and I trusted it was, only realize how much damage I've done to you and Maya." She cries, sobbing into my chest and I can't help but hug her to comfort her. I hate that she did all of this, but I don't like to see any of my friends cry.

"Smackle," I begin, pulling away from the embrace to look her in her face. "Im afraid it's too late for apologies. We're all friends and I can't believe you did all of this in order to help my dad. I love Maya and I was away from her forcefully, hoping one day to come back. Now that I am, I'm not letting you or my dad get in the way of my happiness."

I stepped aside, going directly to my bedroom, and gathered my luggage. Once I did that I started my way over to the living room where I had left Smackle, but now my father was standing there too. I sigh, and he stares hatefully at me, inching closer and closer.

"I thought you'd be wiser." He says as he shakes his head and paces around me cynically. "Look at you going back to that stupid girl, and that child that isn't yours."

"Maya is not stupid! That 'child' is my daughter, I know she is, I've known all this time!" I defend, my hands forming fists at my sides from all the anger I've bottled up over the year. 

My father laughs, making me angrier by the second. "I should have known a year away wasn't enough time for you to move past this little fascination of yours. Had you stayed in track you and Isadora would be engaged and that new business I had in mind would have been successful. But you had to go ruin it all over some girl and her child!"

"No amount of time away from Maya would diminish my feelings for her. I can't stop loving her, not even if you kept me away for thousands of years!"

"How romantic!" My father mocks, an evil smirk plastered on his face. Smackle hugs herself, shaking at what she's witnessing with my father and I. "You're so incredulously stupid, son. Your stupidity disgusts me!"

"And you're so incredulously shallow, father! You're shallowness disgusts me!" I mock, which seemed to only angry him as much as I was. "I'm leaving this house, and as of now the only person's footsteps I'll follow into are my own. I'm sick and tired of this constant manipulating and you making my life decisions for me!"

My father raised his hand at me, and I'm stricken on my right cheek. There's a burning sensation left on my cheek, and I fixate my eyes upon my father.

"You ungrateful bastard! I've given you everything and done everything to protect you- and you do this?!"He spat.

"If by separating me from my family and sending me off to a different continent all on my own is giving me everything and protecting me I don't want you to give me anything anymore and I definitely do not need nor want your protection!" With that I storm off, not wanting to even look my father in the eyes anymore. He's done nothing but cause me pain and isolate me from the people I love and yet he expects for me to thank him and follow through with his plans for me?

I decide to book a hotel for the night, and just gather my thoughts and plan out what now. I definitely want to give Maya the home her and Everly deserve, and hope we can be a united family at last. But, I know in the back of my mind my dad will try to do something with my end of the profits from the company, and so I cut off the credit card I have with the company and go from there.

M A Y A

"Mama?" I repeat. The anxiousness clings to the back of my throat and I have a feeling that she's not going to be the only one kneeling in front of the toilet.

She nods. "I'm pregnant, baby girl."

The room spins for a second, but mom rushed up early enough to catch me. "Shawn!"

Shawn shows up immediately and helps me get over to the couch. Everyone crowds around me, wondering what happened and mom decides to finally spill her news.

"I'm pregnant!" Mom exclaims, and everyone's gaze goes from me to her in a split second. Corey's mouth is hung wide open while Riley and Topanga squeal happily and embrace my mother. Shawn stands there in awe, a couple tears threatening to spill from his glossy eyes.

"Are you for realsies?!" Corey asks my mother, his mouth still hung wide open and mom nods happily and looks over to Shawn while Topanga closes Corey's mouth for him. I'm still sitting in the couch, obviously knowing how this happened, but questioning how and why. 

"Maya, we're going to be big sisters!" Riley chants, pulling me up and into a hug as she also holds Evie. I stand there as Riley hugs me, and when I don't hug back she frowns at me, her smile faltering. Tears are spilling out of my eyes, but in contrast from Shawn's they're not happy ones.

I grab my daughter from my best friend and I march over to my room without a word. To stop anyone from coming in I lock the door and focus on changing my daughter for bed. I don't want to keep hearing my mom confirm what she just told me in my head, it's going to drive me crazy.

I can't believe she's having a baby after seventeen years. Specially now that I have Evie and things are already complicated in this family.

My daughter begins to cry, or should I say scream, and I'm guessing it's because she's hungry and tired.

There's knocking at my door and I roll my eyes knowing it's my mom.

"Open up, Maya! Please open the door so I can explain!" She says in between knocks. "Maya open the door!"

"There's nothing to explain, mom!" I yell over my daughter's cries and then take a seat on my bed. I take Evie in my arms and retrieve the nursing pillow at the edge of my bed. I position her comfortably on top of it, and then help her latch on. By now the knocking has ceased, and I'm relieved knowing I'm finally getting some peace and quiet after all that's happened today.

More tears stung at my eyes, and just then my daughter's tiny hand takes hold of my index finger which is holding my top up for her. I look into her big blue eyes, and without knowing a smile forms on my face.

In a second, my face softened and I wasn't angry at my mom anymore. She had every right to have another kid, and specially with Shawn. The only problem I had was with myself.

Im the problem.

•••••

Hey everybody!

So happy to update for you all, and I hope you all enjoy! I know you all might be confused with the ending but you will understand soon!!

Comment

Vote

&

Share