Chapter 12

Recap:

Recap:

"Maya, explain to me why you refuse to go to the hospital! I don't under-.." she stops herself. She takes a couple of seconds, seems to be in deep thought, then her head shoots up at me.
"Maya.."

"Mom..." I begin.

This is it.

"Dad.." I look up at Shawn.

This is the moment this all gets out...

"I'm pregnant."

M A Y A

The room gets all quiet. My mom plops onto a chair as she covers her mouth. Shawn is already sitting looking at me with mouth gaped open.

"I need to sit," Corey said. The same look on Shawn's face on his also. Only he was already sitting.

"Dad, you are sitting..." Riley mumbles.

"Maya, explain all of this craziness about you being pregnant." Topanga starts.

"Well...That night I went to the party at Zay's place I happened to take more drinks than I should have. I lost my virginity that night to someone, and I winded up getting pregnant. I was scared, so scared. I just wanted to have a good night out and it turns out I make a stupid mistake that ends up changing my life forever.." By now tears have started to roll down my pale cheeks. "The day I found out I was pregnant I wanted to tell all of you, I really did. But...I became scared, and I just kept putting it off. That was three months ago. You guys have no idea how bad I wanted to just scream it out, but the fear was eating me alive.." by now I couldn't continue from all the crying I was doing.

"I'll continue," Farkle whispers to me and I nod, as he takes a hold of my hand.

"What Maya is trying to say is that when she found out she was pregnant the fear overtook her soul. She desperately wanted to tell everyone, but she couldn't muster up enough courage until now.." Farkle takes a brief pause. "She couldn't even seem to do that with me. I found out the day she fainted in the cafeteria..."

"What does this have to do with you Farkle?" Lucas asks.

Farkle takes a deep breath and his hands become a little clammy.

"I'm the father of the child Maya is expecting." Gasps are heard throughout the room and the jaws just drop more. "Maya and I acknowledge the grave consequence of our carelessness. I'd like to apologize to Mr. and Mrs. Hunter most of all for doing this to their daughter. I know nothing I do could make up for the way I went about that night..." Shawn seems like he's about to cry, and my mom nods as tears welt up in her eyes. "I am, however, willing to stick with Maya through out this whole process and be there for her and the baby always." As Farkle says this instead of looking at all of those starring at us he looks at me, adding a comforting squeeze to my hand. 

"Now that you all know..." Farkle begins again. "We'd like for you all to support us. We realize we're still young, and there's a lot ahead of us. Raising a baby won't be easy, but it never crossed out minds to abort it. We simply plan to bring this child into the world. We want to raise this child together. It would mean a lot to us if you provided that support we need."

By now a lot of people were crying. Riley, who sat to my left was in tears. It broke me to see Riley cry. Her eyes were filled with hurt and shock at our words. She's probably so hurt since I hadn't opened up to her at all since I found out. Our trust had been broken for her.

A loud thump, like luggage falling to the floor directed our heads over to the door where Josh stood.

Oh my god.

"Maya," Josh said, as his backpack hit the ground. "You're pregnant?" The shock and hurt was evident in his voice.

"Y-yes," I stuttered getting up. I let go of Farkle's hand doing so. Josh's eyes fall on Farkle then dart over up to me again.

"So much for our someday," Tears sting his icy blue eyes, it's the first time I'd seen Josh cry. He picks up his luggage again and makes his way out the door.

Hello, Readers!

Brief chapter I know!!! 😭

But let me know if you guys like the story so far, which I hope you do!!!

Comment down below what you think would happen next.

•vote

•comment

&

•share

-Author