Part 46

M A Y A

"Here is everything you need to know." I placed the stapled pieces of instructions in his hands. "In case of emergency or you don't know what to do call me but first run down the BFCD checklist- what does it stand for?"

"B for burp, F for feed, C for comfort, and D for Doritos." Farkle recited, and I give him a look at the last part. "Okay, okay d for diaper."

"Yes," I smile. "It seems like you got all this stuff down. But remember to call me for any questions or Topanga."

Farkle nods. "When will you be back?"

"Probably in three or two days." I sigh. "I really hope Riley comes."

"Me too," he agrees. "I hope you're not mad at me by the time you come back. And make sure Mr. Uncle keeps his hands to himself. Call me if anything."

"I'm not a child, Farkle. I know how to defend myself. Besides, Josh isn't like that, he's respectful."

"You don't know that, he could be planning your rape as we speak." I hit him on the arm for that. I can't believe he would say that about Josh.

"That's a rude thing to say," I scold. "And scary too."

"I'm serious, make sure he's not touchy touchy." Farkle warns. I roll my eyes and nod. "Or do you want him to be touchy touchy?"

"No touchies," I shake my head.

"Good," I could practically hear Farkle screaming of relief. It's nice to see he still cares, but I can't let myself believe he actually loves me because then my feelings will deepen and I only want to be friends/coparents.

"I should get going." I kiss Evie's head and drape a blanket over her tiny sleeping body. Then I turn to Farkle to say goodbye. He pulls me in for a tight hug, and it feels so safe in his arms. It made me feel like not leaving.

"Promise me you will be back to me soon." Farkle whispers against my head. I nod into his chest and he takes the half hearted promise.

"I don't think you should be worried about me coming back to you if we're friends." I point out, pulling away.

"Yeah, but we live together. I need to know you're coming back. I'll go crazy if you don't," He sincerely says and I bit my lip to keep from blushing.

"Wait!" Farkle says as I'm about to leave I turn to face him and he steps forward. "Take care of this, and being it back to us."

I looked down to see what he was talking about, only to see he was pointing somewhere right under my chin.

And that somewhere was my heart.

"I thought you'd bail," I tell Josh jokingly.

"I could have," he says as he opens the trunk. He pulls up my black carry on and sets it next to his backpack. "But I didn't." He turns to me now, and kisses my cheek.

"Im glad you didn't," I say, and just when he was started to smile all cheesy I say: "because I would've skinned you alive if you hadn't."

"You would not," he scoffs as he closes the trunk. "And even if you did you would miss me too much."

"Don't flatter yourself." I laugh, but something told me that he was right.

I would miss him.

R I L E Y

"Riley, honey, may I come in?" I heard Nana call from outside. I wipe my tears so she wouldn't see me cry as I opened the doors. She held a tray with cookies and a tall glass of milk. "I thought you could use a snack before dinner time."

"I could, thanks Nana." I let her slide in and we take a seat on my bed. The tray sits between us and I take a cookie.

"Don't you want to go out for a bit? Grandpa and I were thinking of going out to dinner." Nana said encouragingly. I really would like to go, but I'm looking like I haven't slept in years. At the same time, what was I supposed to do I told his house all alone? And maybe I needed some sun because I was starting to look really sickly.

"Sure, Nana." I managed my biggest smile, which wasn't very big compared to my usual one, but it was still a smile. 

Here goes nothing.

M A Y A

"Are we there yet?" I asked for the thousandth time. I turned my head to look at Josh and he shook his head slightly. The GPS gave instructions so we were quiet for most of the rides. I crossed my arms before me and leaned my arms against the window. I felt a cool patch on my shirt and looked down to see two wet circles on my chest.

"Oh, God!" I gasped in embarrassment. I was too busy packing stuff last minute that I forgot to pump before I left the house. Josh was turning to look over at me and I turned his head with my hand.

"Josh, I need you to stop so I could get a shirt from the trunk." I told him as fast as I could.

"A shirt? Why? You're already wearing one." Josh questions.

"Just pull over!" I urge and he does as told. "Look away," I tell him as I draw my hand away to take of my seatbelt. I hop out of the car quickly and head for the trunk. I step in and shut the trunk to have some privacy. I swiftly remove my shirt and bra, switching out for new ones.

As I slid on my blue sweater I happened to look up and see Josh looking at me. "You ASHOLE! I told you not to look back!"

"How could I not? You're taking off your shirt, and I'm a dude."

"You're lucky I'm all the way back here!" I grunt as I bump my head with the roof of the car as he begins to drive before I could hop to the front. I sit patiently, knowing from the familiar view that we weren't too far from Riley. It felt good to feel closer to her. I wondered if she missed me like I miss her.

I woke up to the trunk being opened. I see Josh bring down our luggage, then he extends a hand for me to hold. I smack it away and hop down myself, not forgetting what he had done earlier.

"Come on, Maya. Don't be mad," he sighs as I take hold of my stuff and drag it with me.

"You know little Maya would have been overjoyed!" He adds.

"Little Maya's boobs wouldn't be leaking to begin with," I called back, hearing him trying to catch up behind me.

I stop at the front steps, and ring the door bell. I frown when no one opens. Josh's eyes closed and he curses.

"They're not home, and I don't have my keys." He tells me as he searched his pockets.

I sigh and take a seat on the front steps.

"I'm sorry, Maya." He apologizes. I give him a hard look and scoot further away from him. He scoots closer in turn.

"Stop," I hiss. "I'm really mad at you right now!"

"It's nothing-"

"Why. Would. You. Look. When. I told. You. Not. Too!" I slap his arm in between each word and he winces in pain from how hard I'm slapping.

"Because!" He exclaims.

"I said not too! And no excuse could make it better." I cross my arms in front of me.

"I'm sorry, Maya. I couldn't contain myself." His eyes let me know his words are sincere. He takes my hand in his and kisses the back of it, stroking his thumb over my knuckles softly. I didn't realize he had scooted closer to me. I want to push him away and scoot far far away, but I was frozen. Next thing I know Josh is looking into my eyes and leaning in. Just as his lips hover over mine headlights approach.

HollyOuimette see, I told you you might hate me!! 😂