Chapter 18

M A Y A

"You like Farkle. Don't you?" Riley's question hangs in the air for a bit.

"Yes," I reply quietly, seconds later. "I like Farkle."

"Does he know?"

"Of course not."

"Maya you need to tell him."

"No, it's going to mess up everything."

"How? How is this a bad thing?"

"Nothing good ever happens to me, Riley."

"A lot of good things happen to you actually." Riley points out.

I shake my head. "I thought I lost my virginity to Josh, who's supposed to be my someday. I wind up losing it to Farkle, one of my best friends, and now I'm pregnant. You're mad at me. My friends won't even talk to me. It's not supposed to be like this.

"Everything is just falling apart," I croak that last sentence out.

Riley engulfs me in a tight hug. "I'm not mad, Maya. I was hurt. I thought we told each other everything."

"We do. I just couldn't bring myself to open up to you." I admit through the puddle of tears in my blue eyes.

"You can always come to me," Riley reassures. "I'm here to listen. Not to judge."

"I know," I nod into her hair. "I'm sorry."

"Im sorry too," Riley replies. "Im sorry you're going through all of this."

I cry into Riley's shoulder thinking about everything that has taken place within the last four months. It's been hard on me, and I know it's been hard on everyone around me too. I can't change what happened, but I can decide what happens next. I need to put my baby first. I need to make sure my baby is safe, protected and loved. I'm going to provide that for my baby.

Even if it means doing it all on my own.

             ___________________

F A R K L E

"Smackle!" I exclaim in surprise.

"I-I'm sorry," Smackle replies nervously. "I-I just got too excited, and I've um...I've...

"I've missed you," She admits, tugging at the hem of her knit sweatshirt nervously.

This is what I'd been waiting so hungrily for the last 5 months. For Smackle to admit she misses me. I'd imagined this moment so much I'd actually begun to think it happened. My ears had long awaited to hear those words slip out of her mouth. I'd imagined I'd leap in joy and pull her in for a much needed kiss. I'd imagined I'd be ecstatic, happiness and adrenaline rushing though my veins. I'd imagined I'd be the happiest I'd ever been.

But it wasn't like that.

Not at all.

A pit of guilt formed itself in the very bottom of my stomach. My stomach churned with a feeling I couldn't seem to swallow down.

I felt guilty.

I'd felt guilty and instantly thought about Maya. And our small orange sized baby nestled inside of her. I quickly got up without saying anything and walked right into the ladies' restroom. Two girls looked at me startled, but continued to wash their hands nonetheless. I'd push open every stall hoping to see Maya sitting there. Her lovely blue eyes creating that amazing flutter in my heart. But she wasn't there.

I then stepped out again and when I couldn't see her small frame anywhere I ran my hand through my hair anxiously. My heart filled with emptiness which was soon replaced by anger as soon as Smackle walked up to me.

"Are you looking for someone?" She asks her again. Her arms cross in front of her.

"Yes! I'm looking for Maya and..." I stop myself realizing I'm about to spill the news right then and there, and I could honestly not give a flipping fuck about Smackle's feelings right about how. "Maya and our child."

"So you finally decide to tell me," Smackle glares at me.

"Yes," I reply nonchalantly. "I finally decide it's time to tell you. I'm guessing you already know so I won't be going into details. I don't even know why I'm standing here talking to you right now, there's nothing I have to explain myself for. You're the one who left me. Now, excuse me but I've got to find Maya."

With that I snatch my jacket off the wooden chair and leave Smackle standing there in the middle of all those stares.

The harsh winter winds come in contact with my face, my cheeks sting red immediately. It has got to be one of the coldest days of the year so far.

However, this didn't stop me from walking around, searching like a maniac for Maya. I'd spent about an hour looking now, thinking and going to every place I could think of. My hands began to get red and stiff, and I could feel my toes do so underneath my thin socks. This didn't stop me it motivated me more. The image of Maya, all alone, cold and scared was more than horrific and I couldn't stop. Even if every inch of my body seemed like it was screaming hypothermia.

When the person you love is out somewhere in the world you just don't give up and go home.

I can't go home either way.

She is my home.

.....

Hello dazzling readers!

This is more of like a filler chapter. I'm working on the next chapter which might be up by Thursday or possibly tomorrow as well. Thanks for reading!

I just want to say that in this chapter I just wanted to make it clear that Maya and Farkle do have feelings for each other. They're not totally in love, more like finding that they have this connection and that deep down they know they are not as different as they thought. They see that safety they don't have at one within each other, making it impossible for them to come apart. I just wanted to make this clear 😂.

Let me know what you think will happen next.

•comment!

•vote!

&

•share!