The Pale Lady

My vision coming back to me. Waking up at the entrance to troll market. Father placed me down onto the concrete beneath us. Carefully taking the staff. "You carried me the entire way?" I asked standing up, holding father's arm as we began to walk down the crystal staircase. He growled in response as we made it. Letting go of his arm as we made it to the entrance, loud noises from trolls and gumm-gumm warriors.

Everyone began to chant his name as the horns of his arrival sounded through the entire underground place. Gunmar walks first, stopping at the edge of the stairs. "The quest ends triumphant!" he announces placing the staff over his head allowing curious eyes to see the staff of Merlin. "See here the instrument of our ascension, The Staff of Avalon! Merlin's tool holds the key to our long-awaited victory. Soon, the Eternal Night will fall and with it, the World!" everyone began to cheer. Most of the trolls chanting his name once more.

The orange in my cracks began to glow more then when we entered, but Usurna noticed it from the back of the crowd and began to walk away with her bodyguards behind her. Growling under my breath as she left with a smirk. "Come, Ladar." Father spoke, guiding me towards the dying heart stone. "Why...are we going to the heart stone?" I asked following him, the orange slightly growing brighter.

"Don't speak, my daughter, just follow me, the stone will give you back your strength." he spoke as we entered the heart stone. Father held it up high, the emerald glowing as bright as me. Hearing footsteps in the distance. "Gunmar! You left me to die!" He growled stomping in towards us. Trying to grab my swords, but father stopped me by putting his hand on my shoulders. "I thought you were dead. Congratulations on your survival." father turning to look at him as I stared at the encased Morgana.

"I'm not one of your henchmen! I don't serve you! I am Angor Rot!" He grabbed his dagger, drawing both my swords, but to fall on one knee in exhaustion. Father made his sword appear. In defense going in front of me. "To serve Morgana is to serve me! I don't care who you are! I am Gunmar the Black! And my Heir Ladar the Undying! And you will obey!" Father growled walking off.

Slowly placing my blades back in their sheaths, and chasing after father, my strength slowly coming back. What is wrong with me?! I am away from Merlin's tomb. Why didn't Angor Rot get affected by her magic when I did? I thought as I followed him farther into troll market.

~

Father, me and Usurna walked into where Morgana was being held. "All this time, she was beneath our very feet." Usurna said in shock. "Eldritch Queen, you will be freed from this wretched prison." he spoke as he stabbed the staff into the ground. "And together, we will bring forth the Eternal Night." he spoke, bowing his head speaking in trollish. "Make the day night, the darkness, and me King." he chanted, the gem growing bright, the floor beneath us growing a green pattern. The emerald began to his and sprites magic, my father grunting in pain as it grew stronger.

Usurna backing away in fear "My lord!" she feared as the emerald grew brighter. The staff finally died, pushing my father back and with it my strength. Falling on the ground, barely any glow at all to my body. "Only hands may wield. But how are we to find a human who can speak the trollish incantation?" Usurna questioned, father was angry now, his eye glowing orange smoke, slamming his fist into the ground. I couldn't tell if it was for the staff, me, or both. "Find me an Impure!" he snarled at her.

She hurried quickly, father running towards me. "Ladar!" running towards me, grabbing my weak body, the only glow left in me was a dull grey, almost blue tinge to it. I tried to say something, but nothing came out. "Shh...stay here, and rest. Once the Eldritch Queen is free, maybe she will know what is happening to you." he spoke softly resting me against the crystal wall and leaving quickly to make sure Usurna was getting him an Impure.