The Staff of Merlin

The doors opened up with ease. "Our Dark underlord has returned from his journey!" Usurna announces as we both walk in. taking my place by Usurna. "My loyal followers, I have traveled far and have returned with the answer on how to bring forth the Eternal Night. The staff of Avalon." father spoke as I crossed my arms.

The warmth of my strength giving me great confidence. Dictatious began to clap, father turning around. "My trusted adviser must have seen this coming." putting his hands behind his back walking circles around the blind troll. My smirk growing large as I knew what father was doing. "For he says the Pale Lady speaks through him in visions." father spoke coming up on his left. Dictatious bowing "Obviously, Milord. The Staff of Avalon. Merlin's staff came to me in a dream. A relic of great power." father growled looking at him.

"Liar!" father roared in his ears, his eye glowing with orange smoke. Dictatious whimpering in fear as he cowered down in front of his master. Bowing down to his master. "I spoke to the Pale Lady. She told me who you truly are. A Fraud!" he yelled, Dictatious looking up at father. "Oh, please, Gunmar. After everything we've been through. I stayed by your side." he spoke putting his hands together, grabbing Gunmar's fist.

"But a troll who betrays one kind can always betray another." I spoke with my body calm as father looked at me then back to Dictatious. "I betrayed my kind." He spoke looking up at father. "Meaningless!" father shaking him away. "I know--I know how to find the staff!" dictatious building more lies on his plate. Father growling at him, his eye growing brighter in smoke.

His sword appeared, Dictatious beginning to whimper once more. His sword going towards Dictatious. "No! Please!" Dictatious begged walking away slowly. going for the troll queen. "Traitor!" she slammed her staff into the ground looking at him like she didn't know already. "You have earned your just re--" a spear going to father's sword. Growling drawing my swords quickly as Aaarrgghhh!! Came down with a helmet on to hide his features.

Going between him and my father growling as I was ready to attack the troll. Father growling as he saw the helmet come off to show his face. "Aaarrrgghh!!! After him!" father ordered. He was going for Dictatious, already sprinting off, but father stopping me with his hand in the way. "You heard the Pale Lady you need all your strength for when we take back the surface." he spoke looking at me as I was angered that I could chase after the hunt.

He sent Draal after him. Picking up the helmet that he was using, his magic coursing through the metal helmet breaking it into dust.

~

"Find them! They can't have gone far!" father ordered, as I was still bound to his side, not allowed to join the hunt. "Milord, the guards have searched everywhere. Neither Aaarrrgghh!!! Nor Dictatious are to be found." Usurna explained. "And why did Dictatious cry for your help? What have you been plotting?" he listened to my advice before when we were looking for the camp of the troll hunter.

"I do not know why that blind fool called for me. It must have been a last act of desperation. Did the Eldritch Queen tell you how we will vanquish the Troll hunter?" she asked us as she intertwined her fingers together. "We will need the Staff of Avalon. And her faithful servant will aid us in our quest." he spoke walking away from us.

~

Father had the remains of Angor Rot in his arms. Walking inside the Heartstone. Me and Draal following close behind. Father placed the remains on the table in front of us, holding out Angor's head. "Angor Rot. You shall rise again." smashing his face into pebbles against the table. Stepping back at the sheer force of him throwing it at the table.

He took some tools to Angor's eye until it was clear and new like it was when I saw him in the forest with Strickler ready to kill the troll hunter. Father picked it up carefully snarling at the eye as he examined it. Walking out hearing someone running, Draal seeing Aaarrrgghh!!! "After him!" father ordered as I stood next to him. Following father as he hit the button to the cages that Aaarrrgghh!!! Were climbing.

The chains falling as he saw his life leave his fingertips knowing that he was very much going to die here. "I need him alive...for now. I have plans for you." following father as he turned back to me. "Keep this safe." he spoke taking my hands and placing Angor's eye in my palms and walking away leaving me to watch Aaarrrgghh!!! Be placed in a cage.