Chapter Twenty - Three

Start from the beginning

She bit her lower lip; she looked at Nijimura who's standing just nearby the entrance to the backstage. She took another deep breathe then she bowed as her locks fell over her shoulder, "I had the time of my life for the past two years and I couldn't be any more happier, that everyone has been supportive towards the things I did. I know that I owed everyone an explanation but I'm sorry...I can't say it..." Her lips trembles, "So...here...right now... I want to say...thank you...thank you so much. Thank you for everything..."she kept herself bowed to her audiences as droplet of tears fell onto the stage.

The dome was deathly silent. They could hear silent sobs from the bluenette echoes throughout the dome.

Nijimura bit his lower lip.

.

.

His phone vibrated while he was in a meeting. He frowned, 'Kise knows better than not to bother me during a meeting' he curses inwardly. The phone won't stop vibrating as it began to attract attention of the other directors in the meeting. He quickly excused himself as he began plotting another plot to drown Kise in another job for modeling as punishment.

"What is it Kise? Can't this wait until I'm done with the evening meetings?" he grumbled as he sat down on the couch down the hallway. He could hear Kise stuttering at the other side of the line as he taps his fingers on the couch, waiting for some sort of explanations from the keyboardist. It stopped abruptly.

He looked at his watch, "Alright, I should be able to get on Skype in two hours. Would that be alright for her?" he looked outside the glass windows. The dark blanket of the night has already covered the entire sky and it was getting a little late too. Exchanging a few more words and nods, the call finally ends.

...

It was a little quarter to eleven when he finally reached home after that emergency meeting they had for another band in the agency. He turned on his laptop and saw that the bluenette has been waiting for him. He sent a greeting emoticon which soon followed by a video call by the bluenette. He pressed on the accept icon and noticed the pianist serious look the moment the video shows up.

He greeted her with a smile, "Ah, good to finally see you, Kuroko-chan. Kise told me that you wanted to have a word with me as soon as possible. What's the urgent?"

She bows her head slightly in respect for the president, "I'd like to ask for a favor." An eyebrow rose as the Nijimura responded, "Oh? That is unusual. It must be very important if it come to the point you're asking this from me. What's the favor about?" interested in this 'favor' he leans forward as he rested his chin on his left knuckles.

"I want to perform for one last time."

He furrowed, "One last time...? What's this all about, Kuroko-chan?" all calmness gone as his seriousness took effect.

The pianist looked hesitated but those replaced by a determine expression, "A year is all I have left, Nijimura-san, I've overheard what Doctor Midorima spoke a few days ago in the hospital. I don't want to die with regrets. I want to put everything I have into this one last performance as a gift towards everyone who has been supporting me." Her sea blue orbs shows deep determination.

"My legs, my hands, my body...one day I won't be able to sing at all and before that day comes, I want to do this before I regret of not doing what I want to do. So, please." She bowed her head to the screen on her wheelchair. Nijimura was at speechless, he noticed the bluenette was still half bowing, he cleared his throat, "Kuroko-chan, does Kagami and the others knows about what you're doing?"

She looked up at the screen as she shook her head slightly, "No...in fact I don't want them to know about this until the announcement of my retirements because I know Taiga and the others won't let me do it." Her eyelids lower in sadness. She knows she must do this, for the sake of herself and everyone else.