eighteen

I came out of the bathroom after a few minutes, because I needed to calm myself down. Ashton always knew when I was upset, and I didn't want him to "talk" to Luke about it again. I was lightly singing She Looks So Perfect as I walked down the hallway into the music room, which was obviously a very bad idea; because when I walked into the room, all of the boys were staring at me.

"You can sing?" Calum smirked, raising his eyebrows

"Can, but may not." I nodded, not wanting to sing in front of anyone, but especially not in front of Luke

"Now you have to sing!" Michael added

"Guys, I don't-"

"You can sing a Disney song," Ashton smiled, knowing I can't say no to Disney. "I know you know more than one."

"Well, yeah, but I doubt any of you know the chords or the words to I See The Light from Tang-"

"I do." Luke smirked, speaking up for the first time since I came out of the bathroom

"Oh, I bet your guys' voices would sound really good together!" Mikey cheered. I made a mental note that Michael and Calum both seemed to be really fond of the idea of me and Luke being close, which made me wonder if they had ever talked about it before.

"Come on, Els," Ashton encouraged "You're a good singer."

"Fine." I sighed, nodding in agreement. All of the boys cheered as Luke grabbed an acoustic guitar, and Cal brought over small bar stools for the two of us to sit on.

Luke began strumming, and I took in deep breaths to try and calm my nerves, seeing as this was the first time I had sung for anyone other than Harry.

"All those days watching from the windows all those years outside looking in. All that time never even knowing just how blind I've been. Now I'm here blinking in the starlight. Now I'm here suddenly I see, standing here it's all so clear I'm where I'm meant to be." I sung, looking down at my shoes.

"Yeah, Ellie!" Ashton cheered, clapping, knowing it would make me feel better. I looked up at the boys, and glanced at Luke before continuing on.

"And at last I see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted. And at last I see the light, and it's like the sky is new. And it's warm and real and bright, and the world has somehow shifted. All at once everything looks different, now that I see you." I continued, looking at Luke once I had finished, because now it was his part.

"All those days chasing down a daydream, all those years living in a blur. All that time never truly seeing things, the way they were." Luke sung, staring at me, looking right into my eyes, "Now she's here shining in the starlight. Now she's here suddenly I know, if she's here it's crystal clear, I'm where I'm meant to go."

I smiled at him before turning back towards the boys as both of our voices meshed together, "And at last I see the light,"

"And it's like the fog has lifted," Luke sung

"And at last I see the light." Our voices melted together, as our eyes found each other again

"And it's like the sky is new." I continued

"And it's warm and real and bright, and the world has somehow shifted. All at once everything is different now that I see you, now that I see you." We both harmonized, still not breaking eye contact as Luke strummed the end of the song

"That was so good!" Calum cheered as the three boys clapped.

Ashton was smiling really big at me, probably just proud that I actually sang for someone other than my little brother for once. But then he glanced over at Luke, who was still looking at me, and I felt Ashton's whole demeanor change.