Prologue V

In the middle of their stroll in one of the busiest streets in Konoha,

Akira turned her gaze at a store, particularly at the glass wall which served as her mirror. She inwardly grumbled at her reflection as she looked at her rather peculiar appearance. It was her first time to wear something so girly - a teal dress with frills at the end. Her pink hair was tied in a messy braid with flowers attached on it.

It was pretty, yes. But too damn pretty for someone who throws kunais at people. She felt so uncomfortable and weird.

Akira stole a glance at the man walking beside her, particularly at his clothes. He was wearing his usual day clothes, in contrast to her, whose change was oh-so-obvious. She sighed in exasperation, which immediately caught the attention of her companion.

While everybody's looking all normal and such, here I am, a human-size walking flower vase. Damn you, stupid boar. She cursed Yamanaka Inomi in her thoughts.

[ FLASHBACK ]

Clattering, colorful words and many other more were heard echoing from the room of the President of the Itachi Fanclub earlier this morning.

I knew it. I shouldn't have told her. She inwardly cursed. Originally, Akira only went there to deliver something that Inomi left in her house. Then, they ended up having a little chat, which drastically turned into a makeover. Though, the last part was obviously force unto her by the Yamanaka female.

"Can you stop torturing my hair?" Akira grumbled, pointing a deadly look at her friend, who was busy braiding her hair.

"Shut up and stay still!" Inomi chided and slightly pulled her pink locks, gesturing her to obey. "This is for your date, okay? We don't want you going there looking all untidy!"

She rolled her eyes. Nothing can beat the blondie when it came to persistence. "Who told you I'll go? I didn't even say 'yes',"

"But you didn't say 'no' either," Inomi slyly grinned and pinched the pinkhead's cheeks. "That automatically means a 'yes'."

She then stood in front of Akira and brushed a light make-up on her face, which was responded by an irritated twitch.

"Eck! Stop it, stupid boar!"

The said stupid boar grabbed the shoulders of Akira. Her eyes were glimmering with enthusiasm, in contrast to the other one. "It's time for you to mature into a beautiful swan, my friend!"

The Uzumaki female snapped. "I'M NOT A DUCK, YOU-!"

She was cut off when something made her sneeze. She looked at the mirror and saw flowers hanging from her hair.

These flowers can't be real. She tried to convince herself, but she all knew too well that those little daisies were authentic. After all, Yamanakas have a flower shop.

"Inomi," A vein of anger popped out of her forhead. "First, you call me a duck―"

"An ugly duck. Correct that," Inomi raised her index finger. She felt wise.

Meanwhile, another friendly finger was about to be raised somewhere else, by an almost out of fuse pinkhead. Indeed, that blonde friend of hers never failed in making her lose her cool. It was her special talent.

"Whatever," Akira sighed tiringly. "Just remove the flowers. I look like a lifesize flower vase."

Inomi pouted. "No! This is my masterpiece!"

She narrowed her eyes, unbelieving of the blondie's childish actions. Then, she was suddenly reminded of something.

"Hey. You better not tell this to your minions. I don't want to die," She said, pertaining to the minor members of Itachi's fanclub.