Chapter 2 - Deadliest Tag Team

It was already 2 in the morning yet a certain pinkhead still got a long way before falling to her dreamland. 

Akira grumbled as she turned to her left, then to her right, searching for a comfortable position. Unable to find one, she just lied on her back and stared at the ceiling in defeat.

"A clan was massacred in Konoha!"

Did I hear it right? A massacre? In Konoha?  
Her mind was clouded in deep thoughts.  Wait. Is that even possible? The barrier I created would never fail in sensing infiltrators. Every corner, every side of the village, even the underground -- I made it sure that even an ant can't go unsensed! The only case possible is....

Akira abruptly shut her eyes close and shook her head.  N-No! W-What am I thinking?! There's absolutely no way a traitor can exist in Konoha! Yes, that's right! That must be a mere rumor. I mean, the village is so peaceful, and even if in the slightest possibility that that was the case, all of the clans are incredibly strong! And to annihilate one of them? That's impossible... right?

"Do you really have the time to be worrying about others?" 

Akira's eyes shut open upon hearing a voice. She looked at the figure that welcomed her, and it wasn't pleasant one. 

"How uncanny of you to start a conversation with me, Kyuubi." The pinkhead said with a hint of sarcasm.

Akira was inside her world of consciousness. It is divided into 3 domains - The sky, which represents her changing feelings, or what we normally refer to as 'mood'; The pond, which reflects her thoughts; And lastly, the land which represents unchanging or definite feelings.

A smirk crept on Kyuubi's face. "I'm currently in a good mood right now. It seems like a bunchload of evil disappeared from this world." 

"You, the Demon Fox, is glad that evil was lessened in this world?" Akira sneered. "How ironic."

Kyuubi ignored the sarcasm and just continued on. "Since I'm in a good mood right now, I might as well help you."

Wow. Am I imagining it or he's really treating me nice? 

"Help me from what?"

"Are you that stupid?" Kyuubi was the one to sneer this time. 

Akira inwardly grumbled. No. It's just my imagination. 

The fox noticed the pinkhead's annoyed expression and he tried to tease her, which was a terrible mistake. "You're as stupid as Kushina, you kno-"

Suddenly, a thunder crashed behind Akira as her eyes widened in contempt. The sky immediately turned dark, the water turned into bloody red and the surroundings were filled with dead flowers. Kyuubi looked at her with surprise.

"Don't you dare speak my mother's name." She threatened.

He, the feared Demon Fox, felt real fear for the first time. It wasn't hatred he felt from Akira. It was pure kiling intent. Kyuubi looked at the water to know what was going on inside the pinkhead's mind. Though it was blurry, he saw an image of the scene where he accidentally ran through Minato and Kushina as they protected Naruto.

"Fine." Kyuubi said in defeat. 

The sinister clouds retreated and the sky was clear again. The water returned back to blue and lively flowers bloomed beautifully again; except for where Kyuubi's cage lied, whose land was already dead a long time ago.