Chapter 6 - Then and Now

Author's note (Read first): (No. I'll not be ending my story, if ever you're thinking that. lol)

Long time no read, everyone! *gets slapped* I'm terribly sorry for the long wait. I'll be updating more oftenly now since I'm back in track. Hell yeah! And since I'm already in college, I guess I'll have more time to update. Yeah, I guess and do hope so. I really love this story, you know.

And yes, before I get even more absorbed in my chitchat, I'd like to inform you that I kind of edited the previous chapters (particularly the prologue). The changes I made were very slight and I only gave it a few tweaks to make it feel more realistic. I'd really advise you to read it again, but it's also okay if you don't.

And I'd like you to excuse my inconsistency. Akira was gone for 5 years, not 6 (since Itachi's older than Sasuke for 5 years). I was drunk last chapter. Okay, that's a joke. I'm a minor and I don't drink.

That's all. Was it too long?

Everyone looked at Kakashi with the same expression - mouths slightly parted, breaths halted and eyes widened. In other words, shocked. Dumbfounded, would have been a wrong description, for they all knew too well that his statement made sense.

Amidst the silence, the girl in question took the honor of breaking the ice.

"5 years? But I was gone for just a few days. I'm sure of it!" Akira protested.

Kakashi silently looked at her in thought. It was only a speculation and he wasn't sure of it; at least until he find the missing pieces of the puzzle.

"Akira. Tell us what happened right from the beginning," He ordered.

Akira nodded and did as told. She started from when she was having a date with Itachi (it took her a lot of effort just to say that) and was suddenly attacked by some masked guys - in which she suddenly lost consciousness to and the next thing she knew was, she was brought to a village outside the country's borders. Though, she didn't inform them that it was Uzushiogakure because she felt it was for the better.

"And when I was about to transport to Itachi, I got trapped in a dimension for an hour. Then—"

In the middle of explaning, she suddenly paused as realization seemed to hit her. Akira's eyes widened in thought. Wait... 'Got trapped in a dimension?'

"That must be it." Kakashi commented, who obviously had the same idea. "It seems that the flow of time in the dimension you spent an hour in run slower than the time in our world. That explains why you're gone for 5 years,"

"So that's what happened," Tsunade muttered.

The puzzle pieces did perfectly fit now. It was hard to accept, but Akira couldn't do anything about it. She tiringly sighed and massaged her temples. I can't believe I got involved in a time-space accident. This is the worst...

"You said you were to transport to Itachi when that happened right?" Kakashi suddenly asked, pulling the pinkhead out of her internal ramblings.

Akira blinked and immediately nodded. She was so going to beat up someone today. "Ah! Yes. Where is he? He owe me an explanation," She said, her tone was threateningly dripping with dark intent.

And yet another awkward silence. Her eyebrow raised in question.

"Wait!" Naruto gasped as he recollected a memory from the past. He then looked at his sister. "D-Don't tell me, Uchiha Itachi was boyfriend-niichan?!" 

A vein of anger popped out of Akira's forehead. She lunged at Naruto and hit his head, a blush was evident in her face. "You! I told you to stop calling him that! We're infront of everyone - ttebaii!" She grumbled.