Chapter 15 - Power to Change Fate

"We're going to save Gaara-kun."

At the determined declaration of his sister, Naruto couldn't help but feel fired up. He rose his fist and grinned. "Now you're talking, neechan!"

Everyone started to form a circle, except for Kakashi.

"There's no need to use teleportation. We'll be arriving in an hour or two," he argued, trying to regain control of the situation. "For now, conserve your chakra."

"Conserve?" Akira's ear twitched in reflex. With a baffled expression, she tried to protest. "But, I am an Uzumaki."

"Good retort," commented Chiyo, which took Sakura and Naruto by surprise. The uncharacteristic smirk on her lips only intensified the curiosity of the two.

"Still," Kakashi insisted otherwise. "We would be travelling to another country. This technique will require a great amount of chakra."

Akira sighed and discreetly glanced at Naruto. Upon understanding her secret message, the young blonde nodded and put a hand on his sensei's shoulder.

Kakashi's sermon was put to a halt and he turned to face Naruto, who only gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Kakashi-sensei."

Kakashi flinched and immediately returned his gaze to Akira, only to find out that the surroundings have already changed. The smell of freshwater immediately filled his nose and he realized—

She disobeyed him again!

"Okay. We're here," was Akira's toneless hurrah before she proceeded to the river.

Amidst the cheering of his two students, which was mainly caused by their failure to comprehend the wonders of Akira's technique, stood a silent Kakashi.

Average people can perform the Hiraishin only when they're grouped into three. Even with the mastery of the technique, some still experienced difficulty upon repeated use.

And she casually teleported 5 people to a different country without breaking a single sweat? Kakashi thought in awe.

He walked to the river and stood beside the Uzumaki female.

Did she already surpass sensei?

"Sorry," Kakashi heard Akira whisper. "For acting selfish again, Kakashi-nii. I promise to make it up to you next time."

Upon hearing an old endearment, days of distant past suddenly flashed into Kakashi's mind. He was reminded of his mentor's obnoxious little daughter and her stubborness that seemed to had endured the test of time.

Kakashi gave an exasperated smile, glad that despite the hardships Akira had been through, her personality still remained.

"You better keep your word," was his attempt at a coy reply.

🍃

Soon, the team had gathered in front of a giant stone.

Eyeing the parchment placed on it, Chiyo stated, "I suppose this is the entrance."

"This is a Five Barrier Seal," Akira easily declared, owing to her experience as a Sealing Master. As she examined the words printed on the paper, she was reminded of a high-level barrier that only a few shinobi could create.

"Where are the other sealing tags?" asked Kakashi.

"I don't know." Shaking her head, Akira added, "If only we have a Byakugan user here."

"The reinforcements have a Hyuuga among them," Kakashi mentioned. "By any chance, did you give Gai a teleportation kunai before?"

She looked down. "No."