Chapter Thirty Three ~

The air was thick with tension between the two boys. It was so thick, that it felt like you could cut through it with a knife. Jungkook had his arms crossed as he sat on the bed. His eyes weren't even daring to look at the boy who was awkwardly standing by the door. His face was stone cold as he didn't want to even be here now. His mind was telling him ugly and harsh things to say, but Jungkook kept his mouth shut.

On the other hand, Hoseok stood by the door. He was antsy. He knew the second he said something, Jungkook was going to erupt and shout words full of poison at him. A week or two ago, Hoseok would've done the same. But Hoseok wanted to start over. He wanted to say sorry, even if Jungkook didn't forgive. He just wanted to let the boy know that he was sorry and that if he wanted to have a fresh, clean start, Hoseok was up for it.

It was a game to see who was going to break the ice. And Jin who was standing off to the side in case it got nasty, was waiting for someone to speak patiently. A spray bottle was in his hand, in case either one of them said something rude.

Hoseok opened his mouth before shutting it. He looked at Jin who motioned that it was okay before the black-haired male spoke. "Jungkook, I wanted to apologize for what I've done."

"For what? Stealing my kid?" Jungkook snapped. Jin cleared his throat dramatically. Jungkook took the hint and took a deep breath, trying to calm down the fire that was burning inside of him. 

"No, because I didn't," Hoseok said. "I am sorry she is gone, though, and I'll help in whatever way I can to get her back. But I'm sorry that I got you kicked out of Bangtan and turned everyone against you."

Jin nodded in support before looking at Jungkook to see what the younger boy's reaction would be.

"I would accept right away," Jungkook started. "But I don't know why you would do something like that. You don't realize how much trouble you caused me or my daughter. I was going to give her away to my parents because I didn't have any money anymore."

"I don't know why I would do something like this, even with the reasons I have," Hoseok stated. "Well, I do and I don't. I have my reasons, but they're no excuse for what I've done."

"Go ahead and tell me before I lose my interest," Jungkook murmured.

"If you couldn't tell," Hoseok began, "some people weren't being the nicest towards me. I was receiving a lot of hate and backlash and I don't know why. I try so hard to be perfect at everything I do. And you're one of the most loved, Jungkook. I wanted that. I wanted to be appreciated because it seemed like no matter what  I did, people weren't satisfied with me. You could just breathe and everyone would love you and tell you what a good person you were." 

"Then why did you kick Jimin out?" Jungkook asked.

"Because everyone obsesses over him and swoons over him. I didn't want to see that. I didn't want him around to see everyone worship him," Hoseok answered. "So I told manager-nim what you did after I found out everything from Sarah. I wanted you gone because I thought that once everyone knew about how you had a kid and hid it from everyone, they wouldn't want to 'praise' you anymore. I hoped that it would offer up a position for me to get more attention. 

"But then everyone got scared of me at dorm. It seemed like I was now the leader because Namjoon didn't tell us anything anymore. I asked him one day if we could go earlier to practice so we could maybe get out sooner, and he just told me that I was in charge now." He leaned against the door. The burdens he had been carrying around were slowly leaving him, and it felt good to get those issues off his chest. "It wasn't the right thing to do, and I take full responsibility of my actions. I paid Sarah to tell me because I just wanted something to use against you. I didn't care what I had to do. I just wanted you shamed."