Chapter Twenty One ~

***Some Swearing***

---

"Jimin does have a point," Jungkook's mom agreed.

"Hoseok probably does just want to make your life miserable and right now, he's kind of succeeding," his dad added.

Jungkook sighed. "I guess you guys do have a point."

"Stop being so stubborn, Jungkook," Mrs. Jeon blurted out. "You're the only one that wants Eden to stay here. Listen to your parents – you don't need to leave her behind."

"Could you stop pestering me about it?" Jungkook spat. He ran a hand through his hair. "Look, I'm sorry. I just... this is too hard."

"We get it," Mr. Jeon said. "And we're going to help you out, no matter what you decide. We trust that you'll make the right decision."

"Your heart is in the right place, Jungkook," his mom spoke. "I just hope that it remains that way. Eden should be your main priority, and it's great that she has been. Just keep it that way."

"Of course," Jungkook agreed. "I have nothing better to take care of."

His mom chuckled. "But seriously. Give this a lot of thought. She's your daughter – you know what's best for her."

***

Jungkook's eyes fluttered open. He looked around the room he was in. It was dark and the air was musty. He couldn't see much, but the aura was dark and menacing. He was in a chair, his ankles tied to the wooden legs and his wrists tied together behind him. Something wasn't right. He just couldn't put his finger on what it was, though.

"Are you missing something?" a voice asked. It was loud and seemed to echo off the walls.

Jungkook looked around. There was no one there. He didn't feel a presence around him. Where am I? "Uh... I don't know..."

A dark chuckle came from somewhere and Jungkook felt intimidated by the unknown presence. "Really? Where's your main priority?"

Jungkook's eyes widened. He looked around, searching in the dark for something he knew he couldn't find. He frowned. "Where's my daughter?"

"Oh? Her?" A light came on and Hoseok stood in front of him, a grin playing at his lips. "I have no clue."

"Yes you do," Jungkook snarled. "Where is Eden? Where is she?"

Hoseok placed his hands forwards, palms facing upwards. "I told you, I don't know."

"Stop lying!" Jungkook yelled. He tried to get up but of course, his restraints held him back. He was getting angry.

"You're so fun to play around with," Hoseok pouted, crossing his arms. "I was just joking. Of course I know where your daughter is!"

"Then give her to me," Jungkook hissed.

"I don't think I can do that," Hoseok frowned. "I'm sorry."

"Why do you want her? What are you going to do?"

Hoseok grinned. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He walked off, his back towards to Jungkook and another light flickered on. It illuminated a white crib. Jungkook could see stuffed animals sitting inside and a pink blanket that was draped over something. He sucked in a breath when Hoseok threw the blanket aside, revealing what Jungkook knew as his daughter.

"What are you going to do?" Jungkook repeated, hysteria bubbling up inside of him.

Hoseok picked up Eden and her eyes opened up. She searched Hoseok's face for some sense of familiarity but she couldn't find any. And when she realized that the stranger holding her wasn't her dad, she panicked. A cry rolled off her tongue and her face scrunched up as she sobbed. "Appa," she whined, wondering where her father was.

"I'm right here, honey, just calm down," Jungkook tried to soothe her, but she couldn't hear him. She continued to cry, making the man holding her angry.

Hoseok scowled and walked over to a table that had appeared as more lights turned on. "If you can't keep quiet, we'll just have to do something about that, hm?"

"What?" Jungkook watched as Hoseok placed the baby onto the metal table and walk over to an array of objects he couldn't see.

"Jungkook?" Hoseok called, looking over to the male strapped to a chair.

"Yes?" Jungkook answered, his heart beat pounding in his ears.

"Do you prefer steak knives or kitchen knives?" Hoseok asked, holding up both.

"Uh, neither?"

Hoseok smirked. "Come on. Answer."

"I don't know. I just use whatever is available."

Hoseok shook his head. "Which one would you use right now? If you had a dinner placed right in front of you?"

Jungkook shrugged, his shoulders rising and falling. "I mean, a steak knife is more reasonable-"

"Great, thanks!" Hoseok giggled as he sat down the steak knife. He twirled the kitchen knife between his fingers. The metal reflected the bright lights and it cut clearly through the air as it moved. Its sharpness was noticeable, even from a distance. Jungkook could only watch as it teased his curiosity.

"Your love for your daughter is cute," Hoseok spoke. "Real cute."

Jungkook remained silent, his mouth and throat dry from the fear built up inside of him. His heart beat at his chest, like a caged bird.

"Would you mind if I put it to the test?"

Jungkook's eyebrows scrunched together. His full attention was on that knife that seemed to laugh at Jungkook and when he saw Hoseok place it near Eden's skin, his heart seemed to jump into his throat.

"NO, DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!" He cried.

"You're funny," Hoseok sneered. "I'm just playing." He observed the crying baby in front of him and placed the blade on her soft skin. "This is just a game."

"What kind of fucking game?" Jungkook growled, fighting against the ropes. But there was no way he could get out. They were too tight and they dug into his skin.

"How could you love something that took away everything you had?" Hoseok asked. He ran the blade over the baby's skin and grinned when a drop of blood surfaced. She cried a little bit louder, pain surging through her small body.

"I'LL KILL YOU! I SWEAR IT!" Jungkook screeched.

The black haired male pointed the knife at Jungkook. "How can you kill me when you're too busy crying over a dead baby? This wouldn't have happened if you just stayed with her."

Jungkook couldn't even speak. He just watched as the knife darted towards Eden's chest. But before it made impact, everything went black.

***

Jungkook sat up, breathing heavily. Sweat dripped from his hair and down his flushed face. He looked to his side to see his daughter sleeping soundly beside him. Her chest rose and fell with her breaths and her mouth was slightly open, revealing the small teeth hiding behind her plump lips. Jungkook sighed in relief and buried his face into his hands.

He had decided what he was going to do.

---

Happy New Year, cherubs!

(Using a Hoseok GIF to remind you guys that he's an anGEL AND DESERVES ALL THE LOVE HE CAN GET AND NOT SOME BABY MURDERER

(Using a Hoseok GIF to remind you guys that he's an anGEL AND DESERVES ALL THE LOVE HE CAN GET AND NOT SOME BABY MURDERER.)