Chapter Five ~

Jungkook quickly texted Sarah asking about Eden's behavior. It was the boys' lunch break and they were all eating and chatting amongst themselves. Everyone was in a circle in the middle of the practice room except for Jungkook, for he was in the corner so no one could see his phone.

"I know where Jungkook's been running off to," Jimin smirked, making the other males in the room look at him curiously.

"Do tell," Hoseok urged.

Jimin made eye contact with Jungkook before leaning into the circle around him. "He's got a new girlfriend."

"I knew it!" Jin stood up. He pointed at Jungkook. "How dare you have one without telling us!"

Jungkook remained quiet.

"I bet she's sending him nudes right now," Yoongi laughed but Hoseok hit his arm harshly.

"How long have you been seeing her?" Taehyung asked.

"Uh." Jungkook quickly thought up a lie. "Almost a year?" It came as more of a question than an answer.

Namjoon smirked. "You don't sound very sure about that."

"You know him," Jimin chuckled. "He's never good with time." Not true. Jungkook remembered the exact time Eden came to him.

"What's her name?" Taehyung scooted across the floor on all fours before he sat in front of his friend.

Jungkook looked down at his phone to see a picture of Eden sleeping peacefully on Sarah's couch. He smiled. "Eden."

"Eden?" Taehyung echoed.

"Oh! I-I-I mean Sarah," Jungkook quickly said. "It's Sarah."

"Mhm," Namjoon hummed. "How do we know you're not lying?"

"Isn't that where trust comes in?" Jungkook said, hoping his friends would stop pestering him with questions.

Namjoon nodded before standing up and telling everyone to get ready to practice some more. Jungkook shut his phone off and laid it face down on the floor by his things. He got up and stretched his muscles a bit before Taehyung came up to him.

"Don't worry, Kookie. Your secret is safe with us," Taehyung promised. Too bad the secret was actually a lie.

Jimin came up to the two and smiled. "Hey, Jungkook, why don't you come home with us tonight? Then you can tell us everything about this new girl of yours."

Jungkook chuckled and agreed, hoping Sarah wouldn't mind letting Eden sleepover at her house again. He thought back to Eden's crying and how he would regret leaving her later. Being a parent was awful.

***

Jungkook sat down on the familiar couch and took in the smell that used to encompass his life, the smell that would always be embedded within his clothing's stitching. Now the smell of baby powder and lotion was something he masked with his heavy cologne every day.

"So how old is she?" Jin immediately questioned.

Jungkook realized they were now back on the topic of his "girlfriend." The six other guys looked at him, anticipating his answer. "She's my age. A week younger than me, actually."

"What color hair does she have?"

"Blonde."

"Eye color?"

"Blue."

"Shoe size?"

"Um, I don't really ask girls their shoe size," Jungkook chuckled dryly.

Taehyung snapped his fingers. "Shoot."

"What does she work as?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook sighed. "Babysitter."

Taehyung clapped his hands together. "She has my vote."

"How long have you known her?" Namjoon added to the interrogation, not looking up from his phone.

"Since I was in elementary school."

Jimin squealed. "How cute!"

Jungkook's face went red as he realized how big the hole was that he had dug for himself.

"Whoa, wait," Hoseok stopped the flurry of questions that were hanging on the edge of everyone's tongues. "Isn't that the girl that you used to take out for coffee all the time?"

Jungkook nodded his head.

Hoseok looked him up and down, a question in his eyes before he smiled and turned to tell Yoongi something. Jungkook hoped he was fooling everyone and filling up all the gaps necessary.

Taehyung was about to ask another question when Jungkook's phone rang. Sarah's face was displayed on his phone's screen along with her name and Jimin grabbed the phone. He pushed it into Jungkook's hands and slapped his shoulder.

"Go answer it!" Jimin giggled. He gets way too excited when it comes to my love life.

Jungkook took his phone outside and answered it. "Sarah?"

Instead, a child's voice was heard. "APPA!"

Jungkook smiled. "Is that Eden I hear?"

"Appa!"

"What are you doing up, sweet pea? It's past your bedtime." He sat down on the stairs leading up to the dorm. Eden talked in her baby language, making Jungkook laugh to himself. "I'm sorry daddy's not there to cuddle with you but I will be tomorrow!"

There was static and Sarah's voice now filled Jungkook's ears and he frowned, sad that he couldn't talk to his daughter more. "We're going to bed, Jungkook. She wasn't that bad today but she did wonder where you were. I assume you're coming over tomorrow night to pick her up?"

Jungkook told her he would and said goodbye, telling Sarah to give Eden his kisses from over the phone. He stood up and went back inside the door.

"What did she say?" Jimin asked.

"Just goodnight and that she would see me tomorrow, hyung," Jungkook answered. Finally, something wasn't a lie.

---