Summer Party Gone South

Start from the beginning

"New friend?" Hugh questioned.

"Hardly." Hillary answered for Amelia. "More like Lia's new toy."

Amelia shot Hillary a look. "I swear you make me sound like such a bitch at times."

"I didn't mean it like that, I just-"

Amelia raised her hand to silence her friend. "I wasn't complaining, I know I can be a bitch at times but it's for valid reasons, I don't do it just for fun; that would be very mean."

"Poor girl what did she do to become one of your little entertainments?" Hugh asked, sounding quite amused.

"She did nothing." Amelia said honestly. "But she means a lot to someone who stepped on my Jimmy Choo's."

"She's kind of cute." Hugh mused out loud.

Amelia raised a brow at him. "I thought you were more into the long legged, curvy big boobs type?"

"Aw are you jealous Lia?"

"Hardly." Amelia rolled her eyes and averted her gaze back to the awkward petite girl. "It's just I don't see what a guy would see in her, I mean sure she's not ugly but she's not hot either."

"That's why I said she's cute." Hugh said. "What can I say, there's something about an innocent girl that's attractive."

"What makes you say she's innocent?" Amelia asked.

"She's not; she's dating someone she shouldn't." Hillary said.

"Really?" Hugh asked intrigued. "Who would that be?"

Amelia shot her friend a look. "No one." she answered on behalf of Hillary. "There are certain things that should be kept between friends only Hillary."

"Sorry." Hillary mumbled.

"You wound me when you say things like that Lia." Hugh remarked.

Amelia clicked her tongue in feigned pity. "Get a band aid then."

Hugh chuckled in response before Aaron joined the little group. He stood beside his sister and opposite Amelia. "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that's the chick you told me about."

"Yeah." Hillary answered.

Amelia turned to face the tall blond boy who had similar features to his sister. "Remember to be charming Aaron and make this a night one to remember for her."

"Anything for you Amelia." Aaron flashed his famous grin that most girls loved at school.

"That grin might work for the little girl's at school but you're still Hillary's snot-nose brother who used to annoy the hell out for me, so just don't screw this up alright."

"I won't, relax. This snot-nose kid has grown up in case you didn't notice." Aaron said.

Amelia was going to respond to that but Hillary gently elbowed her and gestured with her eyes towards Lily, who was approaching them.

Amelia noticed how Lily nervously glanced at Aaron and everyone else in their little circle before her gaze met Amelia's.

Lily smiled at Amelia when she reached them. "H-hi Amelia." She said hesitantly.

Amelia plastered on a fake smile. "Hi."

"Hi Hillary." Lily greeted Hillary shortly afterwards and in response Hillary just grinned.

There was an awkward silence - mainly for Lily - in the air for a while and Amelia loved how awkward and out of place Lily was feeling so she remained quiet.