98. Keith- Hero

(Requested)

"Hero," By: Mariah Carey

Reminder that the threesome all you lil rascals want between you shiro and keith is up, the chapter right before this one ;))

__

There's a hero
If you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid
Of what you are

I sat at the foot of the stairs, bundling my knees close to my chest, headphones on and playing astral tunes. I looked outside at the almost never ending galaxy, blue and purple mixing together in symphony for the eyes.

We were paladins, defenders of the universe, but sometimes we truly didn't act like them. The remnants of the fight with Lotor held still, scars and wounds stitched up, a string holding the loose bundles of skin together like glue.

Allura let her feelings get away, Keith missed home, Lance loved one too many people, Pidge was blown away by her emotions, and Hunk just wanted everything to be alright. I, too wanted everything to be okay. After four years I missed everything, and wanted to at last settle down and have someone to love me and hold me dear.

"Hey." The normally harsh and brash voice filled to the brim with determination was softer, almost delicate as the raven male took a seat next to me. I didn't look at him, but slid back one of the ear cuffs of my headphones, having it rest just in the nook of my ear.

"Thinking about home again, Keith?" I asked gently, clasping my hands together.

There's an answer
If you reach into your soul
And the sorrow that you know
Will melt away

I tilted my head to look at his pitiful expression, eyebrows furrowed together, hands wrung and squeezing his fingers, pale skin brushing over black leather and knuckles pressing against small spikes of metal.

"Yeah." He laughed bitterly, clenching his jaw, half-lidded eyes staring at the abyss in front of the glass wall. I set a hand onto his red jacket, sighing. I started to tug on individual clumps of black hair, curling the long mullet around my index finger, and springing it back into place.

"Stop," Keith chuckled, swatting my hand playfully. I smiled and slung my arms around his shoulders, nuzzling the crook of his neck. He sighed and rested his head on mine, bringing his hand up to shakily brush his cold fingers against my cheek.

And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive

"You know we're the Paladins of Voltron, right?" I said, lifting my headphones off, and clasping his hand. "So why does it feel we're so helpless? The strongest defender in the universe has the weight of millions on its back." Keith squeezed my arm, trying to think.

"Without dark there can't be light. It's like the tipping of a scale, (Y/N). We're together. I'm the dark, and you're the light of my life. It's unpredictable love. Sometimes I wonder why I'm with you, but I know the universe has brought us together." I shoved the male next to me and laughed.

"That's so goddamn cheesy!"

So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you

I huffed out a breath and laid down on Keith's lap, reaching up and grabbed the collar of his dark navy shirt, bringing his face closer to mine, smiling.

"You're my hero, Keith." He chuckled and traced my bottom lip with his thumb, purple eyes bearing into mine as the quiet moment passed, before he pushed down and set his lips on mine.

I unplugged my headphones and played the music aloud, setting a mood for the moment. I sat up and slid onto his lap, legs turned to the side and arms wrapped around his neck, pushing his head against mine, lips and tongue moving, sparks flying in our hearts. His hands crept up the small of my back, under my shirt.

I shivered as he moved down to kiss my neck, clammy fingers delicately touching the skin on my back. I pulled my bottom lip in between my teeth, Keith's lips latched onto my collarbone. I could feel him smile into it.

We separated, these huge goofy smiles lacing our features, foreheads knocked together in silent joy. I gave his lips one last peck before laughing and slipping my hand through his, Keith's thumb gliding over my knuckles.

I don't wanna be desperate, no, no. I just wanna survive.

__

biggy oof i failed my math quiz and i'm now depressed again whoopee

i'm not good at anything, i feel like...

;-;

i feel like shit, you know?

better rock a fake smile, then

also shit it's so close to 100!!!