36: Elliot ~ Always

Chapter Thirty-Six

Elliot peered at the small clock resting on the bench.

"Hm, time to pick up Susie?" he suggested.

Grace didn't respond and he turned around to find her sprawled on the couch with a book lifted above her face, her eyes darting from page to page.

Elliot leaned back on his seat and watched her intently when he came up with an idea.

With a smirk, Elliot quietly walked to the couch and when he knew for sure that Grace was not aware of his presence, he crouched down to the front of the furniture.

Carefully, he lowered his face right to the side of hers.

Grace still didn't flinch or show any sign of movement or acknowledgment of his presence.

Ever so carefully, he placed his mouth right up to her ear and blew in it suddenly.

Grace yelped in surprise, throwing her book to the opposite wall and falling off the side of the couch on top of a laughing Elliot.

"You-ohmygod-ah-you-" He said in between laughs.

"Ha ha ha," Grace said not amused and she grabbed a cushion from the seat and pushed it onto his face.

"Alright... alright. Seriously we need to pick up Susie from school," Elliot said once he regained his breath.

~

They walked side by side, Elliot nudging Grace every so often and she in return with a annoyed look on her face.

"Aw why the long face?" Elliot teased once they stood outside the iron gates.

"You're so annoying that's why," she groaned.

"Yeah so? The sun is shining bright and I just feel really happy."

She laughed at the fact that it was not at all a sunny day and grey storm clouds were beginning to hide the sky, ready to release a torrent of rain any moment now.

Luckily, they had brought along an umbrella with them.

"But I would seriously like to know what's up with the good mood. You've really lightened up dramatically these past few days, even though that is a good thing but you know you could tone it down a bit 'cause its starting to get on my nerves," she rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Isn't it obvious? I just got myself the very best girlfriend I could ever dream for," he smirked, putting emphasis on the word girlfriend.

Grace straightened up immediately and opened her mouth but no words came out.

She was so adorable when she was embarrassed and Elliot couldn't help but wrap his arms from behind her, nuzzling his face to her neck.

Grace's face heated up immediately and she looked around to school ground.

"Maybe my boyfriend should quieten down and stop with the PDA because the eyes of disapproving parents are peering on us at why two hormonal teenagers can't keep their hands away from each other," she whispered frantically.

Elliot laughed just as the hometime bell chimed.

He still had not let go of Grace till Susie came running towards them with her schoolbag with an award-winning grin.

~

"Eeeeee home sweet home!" squealed Susie as she entered the house, kicking her boots off to the side.

Elliot stepped in after Grace and shook off the excess water off the umbrella.

"Told you it would rain," Grace remarked once she discarded of her coat on the rack.

"Yeah whatever," Elliot grumbled.

She was always right...

Just halfway of their walk, it began to suddenly pour down and they quickly opened up the umbrella, running the rest of the way back home to shelter.

Once they were all dried off in front of the heater, Susie dragged Grace to her room, probably to play barbies again as Elliot assumed, and he necessarily didn't want to join in.

So he went back into his room and got out some schoolwork on his table to do.

Even though he hadn't returned back to school yet, he still had a load of studying to do as exams were coming up and he was still expected to do school work, whether he was present there or not.

Anyhow, he was due to return the next Monday, not that he was looking forward to it...

He didn't want to go back... it meant that there would be less time to spend with Grace.

Grace wasn't going to go to highschool anytime soon and was instead tutored by someone at Petalerny Hospital, when she went to her usual session.

He thought it was better that way so she wouldn't be exposed to the dramas and pressures highschool could bring.

Grace had already more than enough on her plate to cope through.

She was getting better though and Elliot was extremely glad.

She still seemed weary or gloomy at random moments but Elliot waited for her and sat by her until they passed and she resurfaced back to reality again.

And she didn't suffer from her depressive slumber anymore. She had not returned to her coma state for so long and he was going to make sure it was to stay like that.

Of course, she was still healing and recovering for the scars of her past, slowly but gradually.

Elliot swore to himself that he would always be there by her side, no matter how long.

He would always wait for her, always.