47: Grace ~ I'm Sorry

{Hey guys, I uploaded an empty work for Finding Elliot so feel free to save it to your library, but please note that it is only blank. I'm still writing and wrapping up this story as the end for Saving Grace is near (meaning only a handful of chapters left) *sniff sniff* but don't worry, the story will continue in Finding Elliot! Yours Truly, Therese}

Chapter Forty-Seven

Falling…

All this time…

But no one will be there to catch me at the bottom…

No one…

I’m alone.

I’m really all alone.

~ Grace

 ~

I hate hospitals.

I despise hospitals.

I loathe hospitals.

Hospitals make me sick… ironic isn’t it.

For every circumstance that I have ever been in a hospital has never been for a good reason.

Cancer, death, depression, loss…

My sister, my parents, myself and now… Elliot…

Pang goes my heart.

I now sit on a poorly cushioned chair, in the dull waiting room, sparsely filled with people because it is only the early morning, I presume.

I have no idea how much time has passed… seconds, minutes, hours… I can’t be bothered keeping track anymore.

I can’t be bothered with anything anymore.

Perhaps this is all just a horrible nightmare. Perhaps this is all make-believe. Perhaps…

But I know. I know its reality. I know that this is in fact the harsh real-life I live in. I know that no matter what I think and try to believe, it will always be the truth that what I don’t want to be real is how it is.

But I still beg and beg that this is merely a sick twisted dream and I will eventually wake up to see Elliot right beside me, all safe and sound.

I want to get this idea in my head, I desperately do.

Despite all the pinches I have given myself, close to turning my arm black and blue… I know that this horror is real.

I’m awake.

But Elliot is not.

And it’s my fault. My own fault.

Pang goes my heart.

I look towards my right and see Mr Dallas hunched over in his seat, his hands in his hair and elbows pressed against his knees, staring at the yellow tiles below him.

He has already lost so much and now… he could be losing his son…

Pang goes my heart.

The seat between us is a small girl, oblivious to everything around her, fast asleep, somewhere in dreamland, imagining innocent fantasies.

She has no idea.

She was still sleeping when it happened and hasn’t woken up since being brought over from her warm bed to the hospital by her father upon hearing the news.

But when she wakes up, she’ll be waking up to a world where her older brother is on the verge of death.

The brother who she has loved all her life, admired and adored with all her little heart could handle.