Chapter One: A Promising Future

Start from the beginning

* * *

The radiant sun shines through the curtains of my bedroom, permeating the room and leaking through the cracks of my eyelids. I'm faintly aware of the screeching alarm clock that sounds as if it's in the distance.

I grumble and groan, pulling the pillow over my head and covering my ears as I smash the alarm clock's snooze button for what must be the tenth time this morning.

A deep rumbling chuckle causes me to crack one eye open. "Baby, we need to get up, we're going to be late for our classes."

Crap!

I forgot about college!

I was too lost in the warm moments cuddling with Owen to remember about college.

Owen sits up in bed, the covers clutching his naked torso as he checks the time on his phone. "And when I mean we're going to be late, I mean we already are late."

I shoot up from bed, forgetting that I am still naked in all my glory. I take one step from the bed, not realizing that the bed covers got tangled around my ankle. I go crashing to the ground with a dull thud (need I remind you in all my naked glory) and groan upon impact.

My moon is on display.

And when I say moon, I'm talking about my butt.

Owen chuckles, pulling on a pair of boxers.

"Help a girl out? Your girlfriend soon to be fiance has made a fool of herself and is lying naked on the floor, and you're just laughing?"

Owen shrugs. "Yes. Yes I am. Besides, I quite like this view of-"

"My ass on display? Of course you do, horn-dog." I tease, getting up from the floor and wrapping myself up in the covers.

I'm still a bit shy about being naked in front of him, okay? Even if we've already done the do and have seen everything. I'm still shy.

Taking a quick shower, I blow dry my hair and slide my contacts in. After I've finished getting dressed and dusting some makeup on, Owen and I get into the car and drive to our rich private college, which is funded by the wealthiest of businessmen and women.

Our college has the best teachers, academics, and sports a college could offer. And stepping onto the campus' path made of intricate stones, I can't help but feel how lucky I am to be able to attend a top college.

But the beautiful campus hides not so beautiful truths.

All the adults attending this college comes from rich families, and the adults grew up knowing they won't have to work a day in their life because they are rich, there is no need to.

So, often times I find that most of the people here don't take anything seriously. They mess around, don't care to learn in the classes, and attend nightly parties in which they end up drunk. They make stupid decisions, and use mommy's and daddy's money to get them out of it.

But....in a way, I crave to experience what the others experience. I understand where they're coming from. I grew up just like they did, and for me, parties sound....appealing to me.

Now, don't get me wrong.

I do want to have a paying job so I won't have to mooch off of my parent's money all my life. A sense of independence is what I crave, and at first, my parent's mocked me for wanting to get a job. They believe they should provide for me.

But isn't that part of growing up?

To be independent, to not depend fully on your parents anymore?

I guess my parents just don't get that yet. Heck, maybe they never will.