2.4

Sunday, 10th of April.

Harper tossed and turned as she slept, the covers thrown around her calves from her constant shifting. Her eyes raced under her eyelids as images of a bloodied Luke appeared before her very eyes, each image felt so real. Harper shifted once again as she saw images of Aloysius, his hind legs cut to render him immobile. They shifted to a panting Michael, sweat on his brow as he collapsed to the ground, no movement occurred after. Calum, covered in blood as he lent over his brother, doing all he could to keep Luke alive even as the tears fell from his eyes. Then there was Ashton, there one minute and gone the next. Harper flinched as everyone surrounded her, whispering terrible things, the Potestas hands burned her skin as they dragged her down though the floor. She couldn't breathe, she was suffocating in the images, imprinted in her mind.

"Harper!"

Harper flew up in the bed, one hand grasping the flesh of Luke's arm so tight that it was white, whilst the other clutched her heart that was thundering away at a tachycardia rate. Sweat had formed on Harper's brow causing her hair to stick to her face and her eyes, with a sigh she swiped her hair off of her face. After a few deep breaths, Harper looked to Luke and it was then that she noticed how fatigued he looked; bloodshot eyes, large black bags under his eyes, paler skin than usual.

"Are you okay?" Luke murmured as Harper leant into his embrace, seeking comfort in the warm and toned chest. A comforting hand rubbed up and down Harper's arm as she placed her head in the crook of her boyfriends neck. She wasn't okay, and she was certain that Luke knew that too, but she gathered that it was a habit to ask. So naturally, Harper shook her head because she couldn't speak, if she did it would barely be audible. She was seconds away from having a breakdown, the flashbacks and images that she saw in her dream had seemed so real. It was as if she was living that night all over again, the pain was still there, the relief and the exhaustion, the death, she felt it all. She didn't want to feel it again, however it wasn't like one could control their own dreams. Harper made a mental reminder to ask her father or google possible remedies for these nightmares.

"It's okay. I've got you," Luke murmured as he kissed Harper's forehead. He looked down at his girlfriend as her body slightly shook, and his grip tightened upon hearing that first sob. Luke wanted to let Harper know that he wasn't going anywhere, not if he could help it. After all, they were Storm boy and Forest girl. Luke had to admit that their nicknames for each other had a ring to it, but it reminded him of a terrible movie he had seen as a child, he just couldn't put his finger on the movie title. Someone will bring up the reference eventually, Luke thought as he continued to comfort Harper. He knew how real and painful these dreams were, they haunted him- and possible the other boys too- but living the life that Luke and his brothers did, they were used to it. They'd seen far worse, and been in worse. It was the fact that Harper had been there when it had happened that haunted Luke, kept him from sleeping like a baby at night. He'd never forgive himself if something had happened to his girl.

"Go back to sleep baby, I've got you," Luke whispered as he kissed her head, and wiped away a few sweaty stray hairs from her eyes. Harper merely nodded as she leaned into his touch, a part of her was too scared to close her eyes and fall asleep, but her mind and body told her to get the much needed rest.

Harper wasn't sure whether she could even say it was Sunday morning when an incessant knocking startled her from her sleep. Harper groaned as she heard loud voices downstairs, she couldn't determine whether they sounded pleasant or unpleasant. She rolled over and snuggled further into Luke, not wanting to get out of bed and face reality. She just wanted to cuddle for a little while longer. However, that was hastily interrupted as her bedroom door was pushed open and two very unfamiliar people entered the room.